This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Best forward facing sling for fiesty 5 month old

(6 Posts)
raininginbaltimore Sat 29-Dec-12 13:59:53

Dd is 5 month old, she has excellent head control- has been able to hold her head up since 2 months.

I have a moby and close, which were brilliant when she was tiny, but by 3 months she hate them and would scream, an definitely not sleep.

She has severe reflux and likes to be held, I'd ike to still carry her and be able to do things with DS who is 3. She likes being held over the shoulder or facing outwards. She absolutely hates being facing you if she can't see, she screams and screams!

I know baby Bjorns are bad, so what would people suggest?

DontYouJingleMyChristingle Sat 29-Dec-12 14:09:30

You can hip carry with ergo type or baba sling type can do little joey position.

GuylianReindeer Mon 31-Dec-12 08:21:37

I have a friend who loves her Pikkolo ,2nd one down on this page. You can do a facing forward carry but it does let you do a back carry too. I prefer back carrying myself as the whole of my front is free to look after the other 2 DC's (and I can see my feet) plus DS can hide his face in my neck if he wants to nap.

GuylianReindeer Mon 31-Dec-12 08:26:34

...sorry, I forgot to explain, when DS is on my back I have him up really high so that he is looking over my shoulder, just the other way iyswim! I do the waist part of the sling up really tight just below my boobs instead of on my waist, that way he can peer over my shoulders and see what is going on.

mummysmellsofsick Mon 31-Dec-12 09:01:02

Beco Gemini is a good sling that has a ff option. I have one and love it although have never used it front facing.

needsadviceplease Tue 01-Jan-13 16:40:47

Forward facing is v v difficult (impossible?) to combine with good hip support. I would try a SSC or mei tai - even 'facing in', she'll still be able to look all around, move her arms about at the sides etc - less hemmed in than with a stretchy wrap iyswim. DS is v similar in not wanting to be held facing in and always has been, but is perfectly happy in my Manduca.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now