This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

anyone used MNS designs (ebay) mai tais?

(6 Posts)
jinglebellyalltheway Wed 19-Dec-12 00:22:49

Hi
I really want one sling that'll do from newborn onwards, I hate ones that are too flappy and fabricey IYKWIM
will these mai tais do from little baby until.. when?
and in the pictures they use dolls in them and the outter tie is over the leg where it looks to me like it should be under? it looks uncomfortable? is this the correct way to tie them or is it just because the dolls are too solid to do it properly?
thanks

lagoonhaze Wed 19-Dec-12 13:14:01

Can you link?

misdee Wed 19-Dec-12 13:18:58

They are apparently well made according to the sling groups I use.

However I am wary of buying slings from eBay as no quality control.

I would look at joey slings, kozy, connecta, or baby hawk. All well known brands and good quality.

jinglebellyalltheway Wed 19-Dec-12 14:32:19
misdee Wed 19-Dec-12 15:57:12

You cross over the back and then under the legs.

hobnob57 Wed 19-Dec-12 16:05:17

I've used a mei tai from birth with my ds and it is, at times, the only place he sleeps! The straps round the legs do look uncomfortable, but in fact they aren't tight. DS is 11 weeks and still sits in it with his legs curled up, or sometimes 'stands' in it so his legs aren't out the sides yet. The straps sit under his nappy and act as a support there. He is kind of sitting on them. And he is in a super cosy snowsuit too which helps.

I used this sling for dd until she was too heavy to carry comfortably, by which stage she was happy walking. The wraparound long fabric slings give you a bit more time that end. But I haven't touched my didymos since I got the mei tai - it is far too convenient! In daily use here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now