This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

recommend a sling for DH?

(6 Posts)
rosamarina Mon 10-Dec-12 21:34:51

Looking for something that looks fairly 'mainstream' and male, suitable for a tall very skinny man to carry a baby from birth. It would be good if you can comfortably wear it over a coat when outside. Any suggestions?

SamSmalaidh Mon 10-Dec-12 21:36:19

Any buckled/soft structured carrier - Beco, Ergo, Manduce, Rose&Rebellion, Connecta.

Wrigglebum Tue 11-Dec-12 14:28:14

My DH loves our connecta, really easy to use than looks pretty mainstream depending on what pattern you go for. We also both love the Manduca, looks quite sporty.

Rose & Rebellion are from 3 months but they are reversible so could have pretty for you and plain black for DH. A dark stretchy or a close carrier would be good until then and sell on after?

IamDollie Fri 14-Dec-12 16:18:51

These wrap slings are fairly gender neutral and really comfy to wear over or under stuff, on the front or on the back daisybabyshop.co.uk/wrap-slings/stretchy-wrap-sling-black

InTheBoonies Sat 15-Dec-12 16:48:17

My DP wears the jpmbb sling in grey and maroon. It's fairly discreet looking and you can put on under or over coats.

CMOTDibbler Sat 15-Dec-12 16:50:54

My dh loved using a Meitai - I had a black strap, blue asian dragon Babyhawk (think there may be a photo of dh and ds on my profile still), and as dh is v tall, but not v skinny, it had xl straps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now