This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Carrying toddler while pregnant

(8 Posts)
bigkidsdidit Tue 30-Oct-12 10:08:15

Just caught up with this, MrsHels that is brilliant, just looked it up online. is that seat safe for pregnancy, does the strap go round a bump?

If so I'd love it if you'll let me know how much smile

ZombieTribble Fri 26-Oct-12 22:12:38

No I back carry, ds is too long for me to comfortably do that at the moment. I suppose I could, but the last time I did it front facing he nearly had my eye out with a cucumber at the self check out tills. blush

I bought a hippychick hip seat when I was pregnant the second time as I was recommended to by a physiotherapist as I had bad back problems for a while. It took a bit of getting used to I must admit. You're welcome to mine if you want it (had DS2 now so no need!) it is covered in cat hair though!

bigkidsdidit Fri 26-Oct-12 07:15:26

Is that on your front, zombie?

Thanks both. Cannot imagine feeling this knackered and carrying two, pootle you're amazing grin

ZombieTribble Thu 25-Oct-12 22:10:39

I carry my two year old ds around the supermarket in my boba. I'm 22 weeks pregnant. Still ifnotmore comfy now. smile

pootlebug Thu 25-Oct-12 22:08:44

The general rule seems to be 'if you're comfy, carry on. If you're not, stop'.

I carried my DD1 daily for considerably longer periods whilst I was pregnant with DS, but there was only a 16 month gap so she was quite a bit smaller.

I still carried DD1 and DS whilst pregnant with DD2 although not so frequently. They were both 15-17kg whilst I was pregnant. I mainly carried them on my back though, as I found it much comfier.

bigkidsdidit Thu 25-Oct-12 16:30:25

Bump

bigkidsdidit Thu 25-Oct-12 08:11:40

Hi

I have a 16kilo 22mo DS whom I currently carry, on my front, to and from the childminder (10 mins each way) in a babyhawk oh snap. I am also 7 weeks pg.

Do I need to stop front carrying him? Is it dangerous in any way or can I do it until it is uncomfortable for me?

I'm guessing it is ok seeing as for that length of time it's not really different to carrying him about the house / lifting him normally, but would appreciate advice!

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now