This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Waterproof cover for manduca?

(8 Posts)
karensb Tue 23-Oct-12 13:54:55

Has anyone found one?
Does ergo one fit?

Camelsshouldnteatcrisps Sun 28-Oct-12 08:08:19

I have one made by Hoppediz and there is another make called Mam that is good, they fit over all carriers (I preferred my hop one to the ergo one). If you look on this site here you should be able to find stockists and pictures/reviews to help you decide.

karensb Sun 28-Oct-12 21:11:28

Thanks for that. With the hoppediz one does it go round your back like a sling? If so how do you attach it quickly if it rains while you are out and about and you have a coat on?
Is the ergo one a similar way of attaching?

Camelsshouldnteatcrisps Mon 29-Oct-12 20:32:13

I'm not sure how the ergo attaches (I bought the Hop because I suspected that I would buy another sling or two later on and I have, I have a feeling that the ergo is sort of made to fit on the ergo iyswim).

The hop one has long ties at the shoulders and loops at the waist, it is easier to take off then put on imo, I used to guess what the weather was going to do and then put it on before I put my coat on.

Do you think you will back carry? I have a coat that goes over both of us now, with a back or front carry, a bit extreme but it gets used every day and it can be used when I am DC free too.

karensb Mon 29-Oct-12 22:02:33

I have spent today looking at baby wearing coats as have decided that it is probably a better option? Which one do you have?

Camelsshouldnteatcrisps Tue 30-Oct-12 07:55:53

I have the Mamalila, I bought the unlined summer one so that I can layer up in the winter (I get quite warm with DS on my back), it is very water proof and looks good on it's own without DS on my back.

I also looked at the Lenny lamb soft shell but I was desperate for a red one and they only do the LL's in black.

karensb Tue 30-Oct-12 21:03:31

Iam trying to justify whether I will get enough use out of buying a coat. My dd is 6 months but heavy. I don't know if I would move to back carrying once he is walking but hate the idea of using a pushchair while walking the dogs.

Have never used a sling in a back carry and can't work out whether he would just pull my hair and hate it!

Camelsshouldnteatcrisps Wed 31-Oct-12 07:55:52

Yes, I pondered for a few months before buying mine!

I think DS was 6 months or smaller when I first went out with a back carry (I took a mirror so I could see if he was asleep or smiling). They can't pull your hair with the coat which is good, their hands are inside!

I had to give it a few goes with a back carry before I got used to it, carrying him is my work out now, he is 14 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now