This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

back carrier

(7 Posts)
pumpkin2012 Sat 13-Oct-12 20:50:15

Hi
I'm thinking of getting a backcarrier for my11month old, so I can go walking without the pram. Does anyone have any recommendations? Have no idea about these things!
Any advice greatfully received.
X

BigWhoop Sat 13-Oct-12 20:54:38

Look for one they can sit, rather than dangle in. Do you want it to be part of a rucksack, or just a carrier?

The Manduca is a nice buckled carrierwink

PixieHot Sat 13-Oct-12 20:57:03

I have an Ergo and love it (they're pricy though, and avoid eBay as there are lots of fakes!). The toddler Patapum is cheaper I think, and looks great.

fishybits Sat 13-Oct-12 20:57:14

Deuter kid comfort iii

I have a very bad lower back and this is the only back pack I can comfortably carry DD in over long distances whilst hill walking. It is a back pack so not small but very light, excellent support, waterproof cover included, lots of pockets and a padded pillow upon which DD rests her weary head to snooze clearly exhausted after all that exertion grin

fraktion Sat 13-Oct-12 20:59:45

I love our Ergo. Didn't find the Manducca or either Beco comfortable personally but those are 2 other options.

pumpkin2012 Sat 13-Oct-12 21:08:06

Wow, thank you all!

I guess a rucksack style would be useful. I will have a look for all your suggestions & do some research. smile
X

SamSmalaidh Sat 13-Oct-12 21:18:23

I loved the Beco and Rose and Rebellion. Little Life do good structured backpack carriers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now