This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

advice for reluctant baby wearing partners (bit o fun!)

(5 Posts)
Clarella Fri 12-Oct-12 13:10:06
Pascha Fri 12-Oct-12 13:15:28

DH would agree with most of that! He came to carrying DS late, when he was getting too big and heavy. This time round, he's already decided which carrier he wants and its not flowery or patterny at all. I already have mine so its entirely his choice.

Clarella Fri 12-Oct-12 13:19:27

Oo what did he go for out of interest - I've tempted DH with the caboo dx so far as he goes a bit tense when I show him other websites which do have images of flowery ones as well as plain ;) but not sure if best choice yet....

Pascha Fri 12-Oct-12 13:25:23

Manduca. They had a stand at the baby & toddler show in Bluewater last week. He likes it because it comes in plain colours and has a nifty zippy section to extend the back as baby grows. The man selling it talked technical gumph to him so he was well impressed!

I already have a connecta and a beco butterfly II but he didn't really get on with either of them - DS was too old to carry comfortably in the connecta by the time he was ok with doing it (though I love it) and the beco has a fiddly inner harness and the straps just kept slipping off his shoulders all the time.

If he does decide the Manduca is the one for him (we're going to hire one first) then I shall sell the beco.

You wouldn't get him wrapping for any money!

Clarella Fri 12-Oct-12 14:56:24

Ah a man with technical gumph sigh

I definately need to get to the next sling meet.

Part two on reluctant baby wearing .....

crunchydad.wordpress.com/2012/04/02/why-i-like-to-wear-my-daughter-or-convincing-an-unwilling-man-to-wear-a-baby-part-ii/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now