Note: This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Premaxx bag sling - withdrawn?

(10 Posts)
needsadviceplease Tue 23-Oct-12 03:31:24

Forty quid, marked down from sixty. Ugh. I should have gone inside to talk to them but I didn't want to look like Mad Sling Lady. Silly really.

pootlebug Mon 22-Oct-12 22:08:04

How much are they selling it for? Calin Bleu offer £10 discount on any of their products if you send them a bag sling for them to destroy www.calinbleu.com/categories/Offers/

I thought Premaxx didn't make the bag sling any more, but the shop could be selling old stock.

needsadviceplease Sat 20-Oct-12 13:21:10

They're still selling it. At a bloody discount too.

Ideas? Or am I just being silly and should forget about it?

halloweeneyqueeney Sun 23-Sep-12 21:17:08

"easy, and different, and reasonably priced"

exactly why I originally bought one.. they sell them in baby shops so you can go in and LOOK at it and it's less overwhelming than internet sling sites or sling meets with more confusing fabric than a haberdashery, it seemed versitile, and much cheaper than a lot of the "good" slings

it felt instinctively wrong to have the child's head IN with it sort of almost closing around it though so I never used it (not like that with a little baby anyway, used it a bit much later as a sort of hip-seat when it was just older baby's bum in it)

I suppose that they can keep selling them and put in a meagre disclaimer like "make you you can see the baby" in small print

needsadviceplease Sun 23-Sep-12 21:12:01

I can't understand how, knowing the infantino slingrider (functionally identical as far as I can tell) was shown to be so dangerous, other companies can continue to manufacture and sell these types of slings. sad

I agree, to me it seems intuitively wrong to have baby hanging about at hip level, but I can so easily imagine someone feeling a bit intimidated by wraps etc and thinking 'ooh, that looks easy, and different, and reasonably priced'.

halloweeneyqueeney Sun 23-Sep-12 21:02:54

one brand of that style was, other identical brands didn't have to sad and are still very much for sale!

funny, even before that brand had the deaths, I had one and it always felt so wrong to have DS down there so I never used it, now I know a bit about the TICKS?? guideliness (like close enough to kiss etc) I know why.. and then the recall

Rockchick1984 Sun 23-Sep-12 21:00:02

Have just googled and I was mistaken - it was infantino who were recalled due to the deaths of 3 babies sad

Bag slings are advised against but I don't think they are banned entirely - if they should be is another matter!

needsadviceplease Sun 23-Sep-12 19:15:53

Thanks, I had a google last night as was worrying and it looks like they weren't - amazon is still selling them even. Have emailed the shop with my concerns and a link to the sling guide page on bags, will share any response I receive.

Rockchick1984 Sun 23-Sep-12 12:22:33

They were recalled, what was the shop? Personally I would have gone in and asked about it!

needsadviceplease Sat 22-Sep-12 15:23:18

I was really surprised to see this sling in a shop window today - I thought all bag slings had been recalled. Am I wrong? Or has it been redesigned - in the pic on the box the baby didn't look as deep as I thought they were, but still in that stupid chin-on-chest position.

I'm a little shocked tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now