Note: This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

What bag do you use when baby wearing?

(6 Posts)
Heartbeep Fri 21-Sep-12 23:02:49

Just that really?
I've got a stretchy wrap for DC2 and hope to progress to SSC. Just wondered what everyone uses for carrying baby stuff around when using a sling/carrier?

BertieBotts Fri 21-Sep-12 23:09:46

I used to use a bag with one long strap worn diagonally across the body (I think they're called messenger style?) or a normal backpack type bag.

You can buy a bag called an onbag which is made specifically to incorporate baby slings and has a handle which you can unfasten so you can wear it loads of different ways. There's also a pattern to download on the website if you're thrifty and prefer to make your own smile

Pascha Fri 21-Sep-12 23:11:50

I have a small backpack for front carrying and a selection of cross-body bags when baby is on my back.

MousyMouse Fri 21-Sep-12 23:16:48

I had/have an ergo carrier, which has a compartment for a nappy and wipe.
as handbag I use(d) a small fine picard leather bagpack. just big enough for keys money book bottle of water.

RichmondNCT Fri 21-Sep-12 23:26:35

Back pack. Or my usual handbag it just popping out for coffee. I travel light and don't do change bags because the temptation to stuff it to the gills would be too much and they're very expensive, often a bit ugly or twee and I am a tight arse

pootlebug Sat 22-Sep-12 10:33:29

Most of the time my usual handbag - i travel light. For a full day out with all 3 kids an onbag, but it's too big for everyday use imo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now