This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

There is going to be nothing good about this sling is there?

(9 Posts)
Indith Wed 19-Sep-12 20:27:47

Definitely go to the sling meet, it will give you the chance to try out lots of slings. Sling users as a general rule LOVE converting people and will gladly let you try on their slings and show you how to use them.

There are lots of different ones but you can easily narrow things down.

I wouldn't bother thinking about a stretchy wrap since your baby is a few months old so you could consider a woven wrap. There are lots of makes, lots of beautiful fabrics etc but they don't have to be hugely expensive and you can get a very good one for £25-£30 if you are on a budget (from someone like Victoria the sling lady) or you can spend up to a couple of hundred and enything inbetween.

You could get an ergo or patapum type which is quite structured. If buying an ergo be very careful as there are a lot of fakes around.

Or the is the mei tai. Again lots of brands etc. The are a bit more structured, less wrapping involved. You can get them with straps which you wrap and tie or you can get them with buckles. Some have a buckle waist and then you tie the shoulder straps. Again huge variety of cost but you can easily pick one up for £40 or so.

All are great, all are comfortable. It just totally depends on what you feel happy using which is why it is best to try them out. I love wraps best personally and have wrapped all my dcs but my 3rd isn't so keen any more so I've sold my wrap and bought a MT.

BlueAndRedMakePurple Wed 19-Sep-12 20:10:41

Baby is 14 week old, and a big bugger (weighed 14lb at 8 weeks so must be nearing the 17lb mark now!)

Theres a sling meet near me which I'm tentatively thinking about going to, but surprisingly no library-despite me living in the second biggest city in England!!

Indith Wed 19-Sep-12 19:50:41

Have you got a sling meet or a sling library near you?

What age baby are you looking for?

BlueAndRedMakePurple Wed 19-Sep-12 18:12:43

I figured it was going to be one of those kind of slings.

I'm still tearing my hair out trying to decide what to buy. SO much choice I don't know where to start.

Don't touch it! It has no brand name, it's far too cheap and the description is written in very bad English which always suggests scams to me (too many Nigerian banker emails perhaps!).

I was amused that you shouldn't get it wet in the rain though. hmm

pootlebug Wed 19-Sep-12 07:21:32

Fake buckle carriers scare me a lot (it's basically an Ergo knock off). The buckles can be any old rubbish and if a buckle pops open it could be really dangerous.

fuckityfuckfuckfuck Tue 18-Sep-12 19:31:24

I am royally creeped out by those photos confused

Indith Tue 18-Sep-12 19:29:12

Yeah don't bother, you wouldn't want to end up with something that is not properly stitched and reinforced. Ebay not a great place for slings though you can usually pick up a babyhawk for around £30-£40.

BlueAndRedMakePurple Tue 18-Sep-12 19:20:37

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now