Ideas for sw packed lunches

(7 Posts)
Luckyguess Thu 27-Oct-16 14:13:34

Any ideas grateful recited, really struggling at the momentconfused

Scorbus Thu 27-Oct-16 15:26:08

I tend to have left overs from the night before, but this relies on having a microwave handy to reheat them.

On our group someone did post about using omelette wraps, make a thin plain omlette and then using it instead of a tortilla wrap to surround loads of salad and chicken.

Waltermittythesequel Thu 27-Oct-16 15:28:25

Let it cool down completely before you use it as a wrap, though as otherwise it's just a weird sort of inside out omelette! wink

Cous cous? Pasta salad? Use your HEX B for sandwiches, rolls, wrap or pitta (HEX B versions available for all).

The easiest thing is just a salad, really, though sometimes it doesn't feel that filling to me.

Waltermittythesequel Thu 27-Oct-16 15:28:54

I've a friend who always has chicken drumsticks cooked and in her fridge.

She then always has something ready to go!

Scorbus Thu 27-Oct-16 15:37:01

Is soup an option at all? The SW soup book has lots of lovely ideas and most A are freezable so you can portion them out over a longer time.

ChessieFL Thu 27-Oct-16 19:20:04

Jacket potatoes (cook at home then reheat at work) with beans.

dannyglick Thu 27-Oct-16 20:18:21

I work a 14 hour day, so I take breakfast, lunch and tea with me: my bag is very heavy!
I take cereal, milk and fruit for breakfast.
Regular lunches and teas are:
Leftovers, as a PP said- chilli, curry, etc.
Packets meat and salads.
Tins Asda Vegetable Chilli, or Heinz Lentil Curry(with salad or packet UB rice).
SW Iceland frozen soup, or homemade soup, either a SW recipe or just made with Asda fresh veg soup mix.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now