Following SW religiously and no loss! Any advice please?

(11 Posts)
Norky1975 Sat 17-Sep-16 13:22:14

So I started in a brand new group on Friday 9th and had my first weigh in yesterday after following it to the letter and being really active all week - no loss. But, my clothes are looser and I know I've lost weight! It's so frustrating. Had this happened to anyone else?

SlinkyB Sat 17-Sep-16 13:23:28

It will show up next week - hang on in there!

Norky1975 Sat 17-Sep-16 13:26:16

I'm hoping so! Thankyou

cansu Sat 17-Sep-16 13:26:53

I used to find it took two weeks for loss to show with weight watchers for me. Having said all that I have to say that slimming world just never worked for me as it seemed v slow and tedious. Am currently doing 5:2 with much better results and less pain.

SlinkyB Sat 17-Sep-16 15:54:34

Have you done your measurements OP? That helps with weeks where nothing shows on the scales too.

Drquin Sat 17-Sep-16 16:03:56

Stick with it ...... Even when there seems no logic.
The weeks I think I've stuck to plan, don't always give me the best losses. The weeks I go off plan (.usually chocolate and wine!!) I can get losses. I rarely get 1/2 or 1 lb losses. Either nothing or more than 3!!

A friend who I've met (and just got to target this week) reckons she sees weight losses in 10 day cycles rather than weekly.

But also recognise the non-scales achievements. When clothes feel different, that's a great boost.
I just got my 4-stone award this week and did a hill-walk the week before and barely got out of breath. I wouldn't even have gone for the walk 8 months ago.

ChessieFL Sun 18-Sep-16 07:58:48

Norky - did you do a food diary? Your consultant will point out anywhere you're going wrong. It take a while to get used to it so you may find that, although you think you've been following it religiously, a few things have crept in that shouldn't have!

Coulddowithanap Sun 18-Sep-16 09:02:56

I've been doing slimming world for just over a month. I had several weeks where I didn't loose anything, also gained 1lb one week and I have stuck to it. I've found its taken my body a while to get used to all the fruit and veg I eat now. I hardly ate any before. I tried a few SP days this week and I've lost a couple of lb, going to try the SP days again this week as I didn't find them that hard, hopefully get the same losses next week.

Geepee71 Sun 18-Sep-16 17:45:20

I don't always eat enoughspeed foods, nor all my Syns, and those are the weeks I don't lose!

WhatsGoingOnEh Sun 18-Sep-16 23:30:17

I've only just joined, but I've been reading the success stories on the website. One woman there said she didn't lose anything the first week. Her consultant checked her food diary and told her to fill up on Free foods and make sure she had her Healthy A and Bs every day. She did that, and the next week lost 50 stone (or something).

WhatsGoingOnEh Sun 18-Sep-16 23:31:46

I do think it's important to remember that 1/3 of your meals MUST be speed/free salad, veg or fruit. I think that's the point of the Extra Easy plan? I have to keep reminding myself to add salad, and not just chow down on unlimited pasta, rice and SW chips.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now