When will I stop craving sugar?

(8 Posts)
Sewblunt Mon 12-Sep-16 17:15:37

I started slimming world for the second time last week and I am craving sugar. All I can think about is coffee and walnut cake or profiteroles! I was doing the diet when I got pregnant but stopped because horrendous morning sickness banjaxed me. I haven't really put on much weight from where I was when I stopped the diet which I'm pleased about but I don't remember it being this difficult last time. I'm breastfeeding which doesn't help because it makes me so hungry! Has anyone else done this diet while breastfeeding? Will the sugar craving subside as much body adjusts?
Thanks.

maygirl Mon 12-Sep-16 21:02:02

Are you having the extra healthy extras you get for breastfeeding? They really help curb the cravings for me .

maygirl Mon 12-Sep-16 21:02:32

*helped, not bf any more!

Sewblunt Mon 12-Sep-16 22:12:17

Yes, i find it difficult to get 4 from section a though. They help but I'm still craving sugar. I tried to trick my body earlier by having a strong milky coffee with sweetener in and it did work somewhat. I just need to experiment and find what works. I just don't remember being hungry on the diet last time but I wasn't breastfeeding then. It's not even hunger really, if it was I would be satisfied with chicken and fruit or veg.

emmaluvseeyore Tue 13-Sep-16 13:28:12

Have you tried eating fruit to see if that helps with the cravings? I've pretty much replaced my chocolate habit with fruit. I now can't eat a normal sized chocolate bar as it makes me feel sick. It took me a few months of not eating chocolate etc to get to that stage though. Remember you can still use your syns for that sugar fix. I like the Dairy Milk Little Bars personally.

maygirl Tue 13-Sep-16 18:49:06

When BF I would make custard using an heA milk, sweetener and 1tbsp birds powder 2.5 syns, and have on baked apple a heB, or stewed fruit, or chopped banana for a filling sweet snack! Or a big mug of proper cocoa. I also didnt usually manage to have all the extras as HeAs, but that was just a recommendation when I did it, I usually had more extra heBs and ate yogurt/fromage frais/cottage cheese for calcium. Mini babybels are useful though for taking out and about for a heA snack .
I think before going over on syns for a sweet craving it would be better and more filling to have extra HeB choices maybe? Porridge is great for BF!!

WhatsGoingOnEh Sun 18-Sep-16 23:33:47

Are you eating Muller Lite yogurts? They're free and literally rammed with fructose.

AdaLovelacesCat Sun 18-Sep-16 23:38:08

some sweet grapes or blueberries can hit the spot. I would say bananas but I bet they are banned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now