Slimming World and Pregnancy

(4 Posts)
feetfirmlyofftheground Sun 11-Sep-16 09:11:48

Hello all!

I am 8 weeks pregnant and it was a 'happy surprise'. I have previously lost 2 stone on Slimming World but since I found out I just went off the rails and ate whatever I fancied due to quite bad sickness and feeling rubbish all the time.

Should I go back and kick my arse into gear or wait until the baby is here? Some family members are saying don't bother as you gain weight in pregnancy anyway.. But I feel like if I don't sort it out I'm going to eat myself into oblivion and then feel aweful when bubba is here.

Any advice? Last weigh is was 10st 5 pounds, I'm in the middle of a 2 week holiday so I'm expecting about 11 stone when I'm back to be honest..

Thanks in advance smile

Sunshineonacloudyday Sun 11-Sep-16 14:42:21

The only time I enjoyed food was when I was pregnant. Eat 3 healthy meals a day take you're vitamins and do a pregnancy exercise DVD just work out a little everyday. Make sure you walk everyday for 30 minutes it will help when it comes to the pushing stage trust me. I was stagnant with my 4th and I couldn't push him out.

haveacupoftea Mon 12-Sep-16 17:23:30

I am wondering this, is it safe to lose weight with slimming world in pregnancy? I have been on it as trying to conceive but if i do conceive would like to keep at it as i have plenty to lose.

Catgirl83 Mon 12-Sep-16 22:52:20

Slimming World is the only weight-loss programme that is recommended during pregnancy ( I believe it's because it's about healthy eating rather than a restrictive 'diet'). You just need a signature from your midwife. I was all set to continue sw during pregnancy but then had horrendous nausea and sickness and basically ate whatever I could keep down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now