Pantry staples and fridge essentials- SW

(11 Posts)
user1472582572 Thu 01-Sep-16 14:37:42

Hi. I'm joining Slimming World tomorrow and I am due a big grocery shop: what food would you recommend I get and keep regularly in my cupboard and fridge while on SW? Also, has anyone or is anyone here looking to lose 6 stone or more?

LyraMortalia Thu 01-Sep-16 14:43:48

There's a shopping list in your new member book that's a great base to work from til you get that.
My essentials are eggs, bacon, passata, tinned Tom's, tinned mixed beans loads of rice, pasta, fruit veg esp butternut squash, chilli garlic. Fat Free yogurts, low fat cottage cheese, 5% mice, chicken drumsticks porridge and Kingsmill crustless.
I also love the Iceland range, meals soups sauces all Free on SW

ChefWhoSlims Thu 01-Sep-16 22:25:53

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

mumoftwo1975 Fri 02-Sep-16 20:54:28

Butter beans!! Love em add them to all sorts of meals extra protein 🤗
Baked beans, Tinned Tom's, passata, spaghetti, mushy peas, spice infusion couscous dried packet 1 syn, mugshot (cupshotz)sweet and sour 1syn, eggs, honey mustard salad dressing, cooked meats, fresh meats, salmon steaks with ginger, lime and chilli (fresh microwavable, syn free watch the red thai as higher) essentials golden Savory rice (free) Branflakes (40g hexB) malted wheaties 35g hexB, own brand weetabix 2x hexB

Lots and lots our family usually enjoy plus fruit veg dairy (greek yogurts/muller style all free or low syn).
I hope this helps and tbh for me not having all the big brands (abs all their new exciting looking goodies) helps me to a) stay on budget and b) not be tempted by a treat or synful naughty😉
Enjoy trying new recipes and good luck on your weight loss journey xx

mumoftwo1975 Fri 02-Sep-16 20:55:58

Oh sorry... need to add I shop at Aldi!!

mumoftwo1975 Fri 02-Sep-16 20:57:01

(Blush) and have lost 6.5 stones 1.5 to go xx

Musicalpolarbear Fri 02-Sep-16 21:19:44

Mumoftwo that's brilliant, well done!

I'm only a couple of weeks in, but so far;

Salad by the tonne
Pasta
Quark and sweetener for desserts with fruit
Cooked chicken
Raspberries and blueberries for easy snacking
Frylight
Diet cherry coke cans as an occasional treat
Muller light yoghurts for work

Not really an item, but I've found that it's helped to cook a bit extra for some dinners so that I have a ready made lunch for the next day at work

Good luck!

ninnypoo Sat 24-Sep-16 11:49:03

I really recommend the Tesco red/white wine stock pots. They are free and add lots of flavour to sauces!

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Sun 25-Sep-16 22:41:06

I only started last week, but for me so far it's skimmed milk, spray oil, Muller lite yogurts, Ryvita, rye bread, eggs, masses of fruit/veg/salad, Laughing Cow light triangles, Dairylea light cheese slices, grated parmesan (a tiny bit gives a lot of flavour), tinned tomatoes, 5% fat mince, chicken, tinned tuna in water.

Bibs2014 Sun 25-Sep-16 22:49:37

Fruit
Veg
Salad
Cooked meat
Cupshotz
Skimmed milk
Mhllerlights
Fat free yoghurt
5% mince
Chicken
Beef
Blueberry wheats cereal
Olives
Wholemeal bread mix (can make pizza using 60g as your HexB)

I shop at Aldi too.

Bibs2014 Sun 25-Sep-16 22:50:13

Eggs
Sweet Freedom syrup / choc sauce
Naked Noodle pots

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now