How much does SW cost to join?

(6 Posts)
42andcounting Tue 09-Aug-16 10:58:53

Trying to get my nerve up to join, the website seems to say its £4.95 per week, but is there also a joining fee on top? And do you still have to pay for weeks you miss?

tabulahrasa Tue 09-Aug-16 11:09:27

Its £5 to join just now and yes you do have to pay for missed weeks, but you get 6 holidays a year that you can book in and it's different if you're a shift worker.

kormachameleon Tue 09-Aug-16 11:09:55

Hi I think it's 9.95 to join but have a google as there are often free membership vouchers in magazines

Do it is all I can say. I've lost 4 stone in 16 weeks.

42andcounting Tue 09-Aug-16 13:04:08

Oh my life, that's a massive acheivement korma, well done you! grin

Thank you tabula, I've dug a bit deeper now, and it is indeed on offer at £5 at the moment. I may have to take the plunge. Scary blush

Its been years since I did it, on red and green days, but I gather its changed a lot. I'm a bit apprehensive because previously I had great results (3 stone), but I was young and single then, and now I am a SAHM with a post baby toddler belly, far too easy access to food all day, and no sitters so I can't get out to an aerobics class (the only exercise I don't hate!). I need to stop making excuses and get on with it! blush confused

barney11 Wed 10-Aug-16 01:13:44

Do it! I joined tonight. £5 joining fee plus £4.95 per week (cheaper if you buy a block of 6 weeks up front). I'm a SAHM too and terrified i'll fail but feel so much better now i've taken the plunge. Blimey, would love to lose 4 stone in 16 weeks!!

UnderTheGreenwoodTree Wed 10-Aug-16 01:27:12

I joined in March, and lost a stone in 6 weeks. I was really pleased - it cost £9.95 joining fee (the first week) and then £4.95 for each week after that.

After a while, I will admit that I found SW less easy to follow longterm compared to Weightwatchers points, i don't know why - but we all find different things easier, and I always seem to go back to WW points in the end. It may be my personal experience, again, but I found WW meetings nicer than Sw too - but that will depend on the meeting groups near to you. Def try them - one or the other or both - it's worth it. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now