Newbie! :) :) Does anyone eat butter???

(12 Posts)
EsmeraldaEllaBella Sun 26-Jun-16 13:44:21

Hi all, joined today, feeling enthusiastic! Surprised to see butter is a syn, I thought it was an okay source of calcium, something I'm keen on as still bf. Do I have to syn butter? Am I just cheating myself?! Thanks all (think I already know the answer...!!)

EsmeraldaEllaBella Sun 26-Jun-16 13:45:36

Also I'm still bf my 17mo morning, once a day and throughout the night, so I figured I'll add 2 health extra a and one b, does that sound right? Thank you all

EsmeraldaEllaBella Sun 26-Jun-16 16:32:47

Aw no I'm sorry for breaking a mn rule with all the smilies I just got carried away...!

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks Huns grin

Buttwing Sun 26-Jun-16 19:46:07

You can have butter but yes it does need synning. It's pure fat there is plenty of places to get calcium but butter is not a good one. You calcium comes from your hea choice. I know you get extra healthy extras when bfing but I'm sure how many. Hopefully someone will be along soon who knowssmile

ChessieFL Sun 26-Jun-16 20:02:15

SW is basically a low fat diet so any fat/oil etc needs synning. You need to ask your consultant how many healthy extras you get as it changes depending on the age of your baby, I believe.

EsmeraldaEllaBella Sun 26-Jun-16 20:55:32

Thanks both. Im doing it online and the only advice is for 6 months + hmm which is 2 healthy A, she still feeds a fair bit so I figured id do that. I guess Im prioritising feeding my baby over sw. Will see if I manage to shift and lbs! Very disappointed about the butter. Wasted 4 syns on it today ! Not a mistake I'll be making again!

EsmeraldaEllaBella Sun 26-Jun-16 20:56:04

Shift any lbs

emwithme Sun 26-Jun-16 22:44:54

Why is it a waste? I eat (proper) butter...but these days I measure it and syn it. There's nothing nicer than jersey royal potatoes and unsalted butter.

You have 15 syns a day...use them for things you enjoy!

ChessieFL Mon 27-Jun-16 08:36:05

I often syn butter when I'm craving toast!

SpoonfulOfJam Mon 27-Jun-16 17:28:01

I like using my syns on butter or a drizzle of olive oil. Instead of junk food.

tabulahrasa Mon 27-Jun-16 17:33:27

"Im doing it online and the only advice is for 6 months + "

She is 6 months + it's just that that's when they're no longer just having breastmilk, so it means while you're still BF and they're 6 months or older.

EsmeraldaEllaBella Mon 27-Jun-16 20:51:57

Thank you all. We go to a lovely playgroup where we get salty, buttery toast. Think I will definitely have to save some syns for that!

Tonight, though, im having a curly wurly grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now