Is slimming world for me?

(4 Posts)
EsmeraldaEllaBella Sat 25-Jun-16 17:49:35

Hello all. I'd like to lose about a stone, my bmi is 23 so I'm not overweight but would like to get to what I see as my ideal weight so clothes look nice etc. my downfalls are - too big portions, eating cake too much at coffee shops (baby groups!) And too much chocolate etc at home during the day. I'm not keen on low fat stuff as full fat is best for you but ive heard sw is essentially a low fat diet? Is that true? Would you think it would suit me? I was thinking of buying the book (which one? Food optimising?) And then using the online support only. Any advice gratefully received smile

Orchidflower1 Sat 25-Jun-16 19:28:48

Watching this- I'm planning to enrol next week.

Tanaqui Sat 25-Jun-16 19:33:25

In my (limited) experience, slimming world tends to work better for big eaters and/ or those with a lot of weight to lose. For a little shift, my fitness pal is very good (and is free!), or if you need a weekly weigh in for motivation, weight watchers might suit slightly better.

EsmeraldaEllaBella Sat 25-Jun-16 19:40:59

Thanks. I definitely need a weekly weigh in (even it it's just online) and I liked the idea of strict rules, Eg no I can't have that cake because it's X number of syns. Rather than replying on my will power! grin ill look at ww

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now