Need motivation, did a silly thing and spent £1000!

(8 Posts)
houseeveryweekend Wed 22-Jun-16 00:23:48

Bought a wedding dress in the sample sale. Spent all my budget on it (£1000) so cant really have it altered. It has a 27 inch waist and i have a 29 inch waist. Ive been doing slimming world since February and have lost 3 stone so far. My wedding is on the last day of august. The pressure has got on top of me and today i ate a ridiculous amount!! Does anyone think its possible that i can lose these inches off of my waist in time? I need to get a grip if im to have any chance of it! :-(

Zumbarunswim Wed 22-Jun-16 21:59:15

Do you exercise? I started using my fitness pal and find it much more motivational but am still eating slimming world stuff a lot. Could you get a personal trainer to target the areas that need to reduce? I've been going to a bootcamp thing for a couple of months and have really toned up, if you can find yourself something similar I think you would easily do it. Congratulations BTW, hope your big day goes well flowers

GeorgeTheThird Wed 22-Jun-16 22:03:56

I'd see a tailor ASAP. You may hopefully get into it, but you want it to look fab. See what can be done to let it out.

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Wed 22-Jun-16 22:17:41

I think it's possible depending on your frame. I think exercise would have the greatest effect - maybe something like the jillian michaels abs DVD?

lougle Wed 22-Jun-16 22:32:37

2 inches in just over one month. I think you could do that if you exercised and continued to eat sensibly. smile

cathyandclaire Wed 22-Jun-16 22:34:02

I think you can definitely do it.
But is it worth getting a waist cincher too a la Kardashians? < fan of classy tv here>
It will train your waist to be smaller, or you could get a white one and wear it under your dress if needs be!

crayfish Wed 22-Jun-16 22:38:25

I did it. Both bought a too-small wedding dress and lost the weight. I went from a 32 inch waist to 27 inches but I had longer than you (April to August). Two inches is definitely doable in a couple of months. It was running that worked for me, alongside diet obviously. Weirdly running toned my waist more than any other exercise I have ever tried!

Good luck, you can definitely do it.

crayfish Wed 22-Jun-16 22:39:21

Oh, and depending on the style could you have a lace- up corset back put in the dress so there's a bit more wiggle room?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now