Shopping list essentials for newbie?

(10 Posts)
Sneeze182 Wed 08-Jun-16 18:59:33

Hi, I'm starting sw on Friday. I have a grocery delivery coming tomorrow in anticipation- can anyone recommend any essentials to add to the list please? I've done it before but it's been ages so not up to date with a and b choices etc.
Thanks in advance smile

Char22thom Wed 08-Jun-16 21:12:37

LOTS of fruit and veg, pulses, rice, pasta, tinned toms, yoghurts (muller lights are syn free), meat xx

Geepee71 Wed 08-Jun-16 21:47:15

Baked beans, eggs, fruit and veg as above, mug shots, couscous, pasta, Danone yoghurts light and free and 0% are free and thick.
Cottage cheese, quark, beetroot

dontsufferfools Wed 08-Jun-16 21:53:25

I have a fry up every weekend so eggs, bacon (with all fat cut off) baked beans, mushrooms, tinned toms and Frylight. Love SW.

Foxsox Wed 08-Jun-16 21:58:34

And for treats
Freddo carmels
Flumps
Maltesers
Curly wurlys

Big tip
East yoghurt & fruit (not cereal) for breakfast and save your healthy B for something more exciting (like a bread roll with home made burgers!)

rollonthesummer Wed 08-Jun-16 22:03:14

Is East a low fat brand of yoghurt?

Boozena Wed 08-Jun-16 22:07:06

Do t forget reduced fat cheese (40g for a hexa) and little loaves of wholemeal bread (2 slices for a hexb). Milk of your choice- I hear you get a lot for your a choice of almond milk etc. Alpen/Alpen lights/ryvita for easy hexb...

petitpois55 Thu 09-Jun-16 09:42:24

Great thread. Starting SW today. some great tips here.

molyholy Thu 09-Jun-16 10:09:45

Meat should be the lean 5% fat stuff.

I am low carbing as well (you don't have to, but it really does help me to shift the weight quicker), so butternut squash is an amazing substitute.

I cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, bung it in the microwave for 30 mins, and use it in the same way I would use a jacket potato - i.e. put curry/mince etc in it, and just eat it out of its skin. Delicious.

Sneeze182 Thu 09-Jun-16 13:22:10

Great replies, thanks everyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now