Maintaining or losing a 1lb each week

(5 Posts)
user1464857500 Thu 02-Jun-16 10:10:30

Hi I've been doing sw for 11 weeks now and have lost 1 stone. Most weeks I lose 1lb or maintain. Is this normal or very slow? My aim is to lose 3 more stone. (Baby weight)
Thank you!

WingDefence Thu 02-Jun-16 10:31:16

Hi - I've been doing SW since January so nearly five months and I've been losing it slowly too - 1 stone 6lbs so far. But I only had 2 stone initially to lose so I think it comes off faster when you have more to lose? And I've not been exercising. The past few weeks I've lost 0.5 each week but I've had a wedding and friend's birthday party etc so wasn't too surprised. 1lb a week is still good.

I get a bit cross with myself about it when I see huge losses on Instagram but the people on there do EESP a lot more and all seem to have time to get to the gym!

I can see the difference in the mirror anyway and will keep plodding on smile I have found that eating less carbs helps my weight loss though so perhaps try a EESP week or just a few days in the week to give you a bit of a boost?

user1464857500 Thu 02-Jun-16 14:40:19

Thanks for your message! Yes I think you are def right with the less carbs. Ok I will keep at it!

emwithme Sat 04-Jun-16 21:32:51

1lb a week is 3 stone 10 lbs in a year. What's not to love about that?

I will hit my year at the end of the month and so far have averaged 0.75 lbs a week. Honestly, yes, I wish it was a bit quicker but I am not depriving myself of ANYTHING, am still eating carbs (I probably do 1 SP day a week, if that) because I am looking at this as "everything in moderation" rather than cutting out an entire food group.

WingDefence Sun 05-Jun-16 09:35:17

emwithme I'm doing the same as you. It's one of the reasons why I love SW so much - after only ever having done WW over the years I find this plan just brilliant for me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now