Constipation

(10 Posts)
PebbleTTC Sat 28-May-16 09:04:38

I'm 4 weeks in and suffering with constipation for the last 10 days. Does anyone know if digestive enzymes work or any tips for this?

EmilyK83 Sun 29-May-16 07:56:35

Are you drinking enough, Pebble?

There are some fruits and veg that contain more fibre than others too (broccoli, sprouts, raspberries) and beans and pulses are pretty high in fibre too, may get things moving?

PebbleTTC Sun 29-May-16 08:23:37

Ya i drink loads of water, I'll try more veg and beans!

dunnetoson Thu 09-Jun-16 13:55:27

A read a suggestion on MN that a tea called slimatea from holland and barret helps with constipation. X

cheapskatemum Mon 13-Jun-16 13:52:31

I remember when I 1st started SW I suffered with constipation. I'm sure it was the reason for my lower than average losses: 2.5lb first 2 weeks, 1lb & 0.5lb after that. With hindsight, I believe it was the drastic change in diet regarding HexBs. Before SW I ate lots of high fibre grain products: oatcakes, Ryvita, rye bread, porridge etc. I couldn't believe the tiny amount allowed as HexB! After about a month it did improve, though, and I started losing 2ib/week most weeks to reach target weight 8 weeks later. It might be the same for you - good luck!

pippinandtog Tue 28-Jun-16 11:58:13

Pebble, scan bran/oat bran are the answer.
Two a day as needed: they are very dry, and need moistening to make them palatable- try dipped in soup, or two with a Weetabix as a B choice, with warm milk.
Very filling, too. Also, have a look on SW website for some nice scan bran cake recipes, as this is a tasty way to incorporate them into your diet.

jetsetlil Thu 07-Jul-16 11:36:19

Thank you to whoever recommended the scan bran. I've been suffering with constipation since starting SW and resorted to taking a laxative the night before weighing. I've eaten 2 scan bran per day for the last 2 days and it's worked!!

pippinandtog Thu 07-Jul-16 11:41:13

It was me, jetsetlil: scan bran never fail!
Don't know if you are old enough to remember Hilda Baker ("Have you been, Walter?").
The things we talk about on here.

SymphonyofShadows Thu 07-Jul-16 12:46:32

I had this on SW. A large glass of prune juice knocked back in one got things moving. I didn't bother to work out syns as it was only rented grin

puppydogmummy Fri 08-Jul-16 09:45:16

Holy heck I'm the complete opposite! 😝

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now