30 day alcohol free challenge!

(7 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Zena1973 Mon 16-May-16 21:24:05

Hi everyone! Newbie on here. I'm 42 single mum of 3. I have decided it's time I strated looking after myself for a change. I have started slimming world although doing it at home myself as changing work shift patterns mean I can't commit to weekly meetings. And online membership is out of my price range. Anyways! The diet I think I will just about be ok with as it's a healthier lifestyle I'm trying to achieve. Its the missing glass of wine or 3 at the weekend I'm going to struggle with but I have set myself a 30 day wine free (the only alcohol I like) challenge! It's day one and I'm already wobbling about Friday night without my glass of wine arghhhh. I know I stand a much greater chance of losing weight if the wine goes temporarily at least! Anyone care to join me in this challenge? Or buddy up if your starting slimming world? I'm going to need support and would like to share the journey with like minded people. Xx

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 17-May-16 14:44:53

Hi Zena - we have a Slimming World topic. Would you like us to move your thread over there?

madparent1 Wed 18-May-16 10:38:49

Wish you all the luck with this. By wine o'clock (any time after 8pm) I am usually in need of a glass each evening. Anything in moderation they say.

Zena1973 Wed 18-May-16 18:04:59

Hi, yes please move the post over new to all this so unsure where the best place to posy is.
Thank you for your comments madparent1 I suspect I will be the mad parent by the end log 30 days lol xx

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 19-May-16 14:59:11

We'll pop it over there now for you.

itmustbemyage Thu 19-May-16 15:05:10

Wishing you well Zena I don't drink at all except for special celebrations. In a way I wish I did drink then I could give it up to be more healthy.
I have already given up chocolate / crisps so I have no more life enhancing things that I can give up sad

tabulahrasa Thu 19-May-16 19:48:09

If you go to the group, there's an option on the membership form for shift workers...so you don't have to pay for weeks you miss because of work.

Just figured it might be useful to know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now