Fashion advice please!

(9 Posts)
Mmlemony Sat 07-May-16 16:11:28

I've lost 1 stone 3 so far and am now between sizes 14 and 16. I've tried on loads of clothes today and I look awful. I have a weird shape. I am larger up top with big boobs and arms and not much waist. Spare tyre round the middle. I have hardly any bum, no hips and skinny legs. Dresses just look hideous and trousers don't fit due to lack of hips! The only thing vaguely ok is flat fronted A line skirts but they are not in fashion and I can't find any. Can't afford the ones from Salt rock and White Stuff. Does anyone have any advice on what might look ok? Thanks very much.

Sounbelievablydull Sat 07-May-16 21:22:46

Well done on the weight loss that's great.
Cannot really offer fashion advice but in terms of what you've achieved health wise that's fabulous .

Mmlemony Sat 07-May-16 22:21:20

Thanks Sounbelievably. I have to keep reminding myself that I must look better now than I did before!

GasLightShining Sat 07-May-16 23:28:35

Well done on the weight loss!

Have you tried Evans - they do a size 14

HelenF35 Sun 08-May-16 00:06:23

Wrap dresses and tops are great for big busts.

Mmlemony Mon 09-May-16 20:52:28

Thanks guys. I've been looking for wrap tops and dresses but there aren't many around. Any ideas on shops that might sell these?

HelenF35 Mon 09-May-16 23:19:22

Debenhams used to have a lot of that type of style. I haven't bought clothes in ages though as have been living in my maternity stuff. Need to get some though as back to work next week! shockshock

HelenF35 Mon 09-May-16 23:20:08

Simply be might be worth a look too.

ChesterFuckingDraws Tue 10-May-16 08:53:53

Pepperberry have lots of wrap fronted tops and dresses. They're specifically cut for bugger busts too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now