Can you please tell me if I understood it right ? Just signed up yesterday !

(13 Posts)
Colourfulpast1975 Wed 04-May-16 18:59:28

Hi there,

I hope you can help me ! Is it right that I can eat as much free food type chicken or lean meat -5% fat or quorn with as much as rice or bulgur wheat or pasta (must be dried). I have to make sure 1/3 is super free food like vegetable, salad, radish, courgettes etc...

With this I need 2 healthy extras which I can choose in the food optimising book.

I can have 15 syns and refer myself to the book !!

Do I sound like I understand it ?? Thank you !!

eandh Wed 04-May-16 19:03:31

Yes just make sure you have one healthy option A and one healthy option B (not 2 from one!) lots of free/speed food with meals (some people have pasta/meat and then have fruit as pudding for speed food but the idea is free/speed food eaten with the meal to fill you up and stop you over eating) I love Sw been doing it for 2 years and lost 3.5 stone and my friend lost almost 5 stone and we've both maintained whilst having a 'life' x

Lighteningirll Wed 04-May-16 19:05:02

Have you signed up online or at a group?

Colourfulpast1975 Wed 04-May-16 19:49:45

Thank you !! I have joined a group ! Can I have super free food (veg on the side 1/3) and a fruit as well as pudding ?

Lighteningirll Wed 04-May-16 20:30:42

I think you need to give your consultant a ring she won't mind and can talk it all through with you. Superfree is long gone in SW so I don't know where you are getting that from. Some fruit and veg are Speed and they need to be 1/3 of your plate. Honestly your consultant won't mind she will be happy to help.

Allyoucaneat Wed 04-May-16 21:57:04

I joined two weeks ago and I understand it as you've described. It's 1/3 speed foods (not superfree) but yeh sounds like you've got it.

Basically bread, fat and sugar is out unless you use your syns for it.

Colourfulpast1975 Thu 05-May-16 11:58:38

Thank you !! It is all starting to make sense and I got in touch with my consultant !

SocksRock Sat 07-May-16 18:53:38

I signed up online yesterday, still working out what I can eat! Fingers crossed this works, I need to lose the weight!

Colourfulpast1975 Sat 07-May-16 19:11:09

Socks - I have been doing for 3 days and I'm quite happy with it so far !! All the best !!

SocksRock Sat 07-May-16 21:26:45

I keep forgetting to have enough veg. I did veg, chicken and pasta for tea, but I think it was too much pasta and not enough veg. Changing that ratio is going to be key I think

Colourfulpast1975 Sat 07-May-16 21:47:31

What I do is a massive salad which last me 2-3 days and I change the carbs and toppings...could be Quorn pieces or tuna with bulgur wheat or pasta or giant couscous !

SocksRock Sun 08-May-16 07:29:27

Today is shopping day, so I need to do a meal plan and write a list...

What do you put in your salad? I was looking at buying a spiraliser thing as well. We grow courgettes in the garden, and always have a massive glut so incorporating them into everything would really help!

Can you spiralise rhubarb I wonder... <looks at garden, rhubarb as far as the eye can see>

Colourfulpast1975 Sun 08-May-16 08:14:42

It was shopping day for me yesterday ! The salad is a mix of crunchy salad + rocket or else with cucumber, raddish, tomatoes, sweetcorn, spring onion, gratted carrots or pepper...etc...Friday for dinner I had : tin of tuna + loads of bulgur wheat + loads of cucumber, sweet corn, tomatoes, Spring onion + 2 tbs of lighter than light Hellman mayonnaise (1 syn)...

I have a Spiritualizer, it's great ! I'd try to spiritualize the rubarbs ! You never know !!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now