When did you physically notice weight loss?

(31 Posts)
ChesterFuckingDraws Tue 03-May-16 17:16:05

...im so impatient that I want to see a physical difference NOW.
I'm new to SW, Only 7.5lb down but I'm desperate to see/feel a difference in my physical appearance.
How much needs to come off before clothes feel looser/people notice?

happy2bhomely Tue 03-May-16 17:23:13

I started Monday before last. I have lost 6 lbs so far, (I am 2 stones overweight) I have already lost an inch from my waist. I am 5ft 9 and for me, I need to lose about a stone to go down a dress size. I am a size 14-16 at the moment and am aiming for a 10-12.

I think a stone is enough to make a noticeable difference for anyone.

Where do you carry most of your weight?

inkyblue Tue 03-May-16 17:29:19

People started commenting after I lost about a stone and were saying that my face looked thinner. I started noticing once my clothes began hanging off me and I kept having to buy loads of new clothes grin

I suppose it really depends on how much you need to lose. I lost 3.5 stone quite quickly so it was very noticeable but if I had taken my time I doubt there would have been such an impact. I was really impatient too but you'll get there if you stick at it. Good luck.

ChesterFuckingDraws Tue 03-May-16 17:47:35

I've been following the plan for 3weeks so quite chuffed that I've been losing each week (it's felt too easy almost!)
I've got another 3.5st to get rid of blush, I'm 5ft8 and pretty much hourglass shaped with too much weight all over, rather than 1problem area.
I think I should measure myself to see inch loss as well as weight.

cupcakesarah Tue 03-May-16 17:50:08

There's a saying that you'll notice after 4 weeks, close friends and family after 8, and strangers after 12, so keep up the good work OP

Falling270 Tue 03-May-16 17:56:57

On a slightly different note how long before you notice a difference in your appearance and fit of clothes when you gain weight, how much would you have to gain?

emmaluvseeyore Tue 03-May-16 18:37:36

Two things I wish I'd done when I started over a year ago now:
1. Taken a "before" photo.
2. Taken my measurements.
I've lost 3.5 stones over the last year, and sadly don't have either of the above to compare with now. I know I'm down 3 dress sizes, but I really wish I could know how many inches I've lost! I'm having to compare myself with photos from my trip to Japan in summer 2014, but I'm pretty sure I put on weight between then and April 2015.

ChesterFuckingDraws Tue 03-May-16 18:40:05

Oh, hopefully I'll notice a wee bit of a difference next week, 4 weeks in.

Re weight gain, that's a hard one. I've slowly put on approx 4st over 8yrs and only realised I was properly fat last year after holiday. I was kidding myself that I wasn't that big and that clothes were small made! Now I'm trying to lose weight I'd hope I was more aware and that I'll never be as heavy as I was 3weeks ago, ever!

NapQueen Tue 03-May-16 18:41:21

Im re starting today so a before photo is a great idea! Im hopeful that half a stone and people at work will notice (spend most of my time there!).

Good luck OP and well done for the losses each week.

I want to lose four, and not too quickly as Ive a sedentary job, so no doubt itll take me the best part of a year.

ChesterFuckingDraws Tue 03-May-16 18:41:56

emma I'm too scared to take a picture I'd love to and take one each time I lose a stone but I'd be worried someone else saw them 😳

SoGodhelpme Tue 03-May-16 18:44:03

When people started commenting, particularly about my waist grin, I'd take my coat off and lots of school mums just gasped. I wasn't that big before, only lost a stone but I guess I looked really different.

inkyblue Tue 03-May-16 18:45:23

Yes I also wished that I had taken measurements and a before photo. I do have some old jeans that look like clowns trousers on me now!

emwithme Tue 03-May-16 20:28:57

I started really noticing at around 1 1/2 stones lost, and other people between 2 and 2 1/2 stones.

I took my measurements at the beginning and at 2 stone (my first interim target) and I had lost 7 inches from my hips shock

I wish I had done a "bad light, full frontal/side on" on the day I started.

emmaluvseeyore Wed 04-May-16 09:52:23

chester take a before photo just for you. I seriously regret doing it. It will help to motivate you as you go along as you won't ever want to look like that again.

I hate looking at photos of me from my holiday in Japan. I look like a huge, hot and sweaty mess, and it's such a shame because we had a great trip and I would love to look at the mementos. I know I won't ever let myself get back to that again.

ChesterFuckingDraws Thu 05-May-16 00:05:07

I was brave tonight and took photos in underwear, (front, back and side view😳) I will die if anyone ever sees them but hopefully ill notice a difference when I take the next ones (decided to do them at 1st intervals)

coveredinsnot Sat 07-May-16 18:36:20

I'm going to do photos now. I'm in my second week of SW so not too late - I'm still massive! Thanks for the inspiration

ladygracie Sat 07-May-16 19:23:56

One day just after I'd lost a stone 3 different people at work commented on my weight loss. I think it was the dress I was wearing but may have been the weigh loss. I noticed that a skirt was more comfortable after a week & I could fit into a pair of trousers I hadn't been able to wear after about 3/4 weeks. That was a really nice feeling.

poocatcherchampion Sat 07-May-16 19:27:51

I've lost 3 inches off my waist this week! I measured it Monday and today and it was 44-41. Baby is 6 mo but I def felt lighter and it is true!!!!

Such an incentive to keep going. 2 stone to lose and 3 lb so far...

Missynurse Tue 10-May-16 12:57:05

Hi all, I started to notice after about 2 stone but I was 15 stone 9 so I was a big girl I got to target in 2012 and have maintained for over 3 years but since I started my new job and move house have put on a stone so couldn't fit into any of my summer clothes so have got back onto slimming world doing the scanbran challenge this week o keep looking at my magazine to get incentive and also going on a cruise at the end of July 🙂

HelenF35 Tue 10-May-16 12:59:51

I've lost 16lbs and don't see a huge difference. Other people see it though. I didn't think my clothes were much looser either till I put on my belt for the first time in ages and had to fasten it 4 holes tighter! To be fair a lot of the clothes I've been wearing are stretchy so it's hard to tell.

HelenF35 Tue 10-May-16 13:01:09

I am quite tall too which means I need to lose more weight before you notice I think.

imwithspud Tue 10-May-16 13:25:09

I definitely noticed after about 6lbs last time round before I fell off the wagon. My clothes definitely felt looser and other people noticed too.

I am very short (just under 5ft) with about 3 stone to lose and I think weight loss can be more noticeable when you're on the shorter side.

ChesterFuckingDraws Tue 10-May-16 18:32:55

I'm 5ft8 and fat all over 😞 I've just booked a holiday today so extra motivation to stick to plan and I'll hopefully be slimmer by the time September comes round.
I still don't feel any slimmer (9lb off so far) in fact my work trousers felt tighter that ever over the weekend. I will definitely be sticking to it though as the Weight is coming off slowly

Tamaraf89 Sat 21-May-16 16:28:26

Hi all just though this might help a few. This is my before and week 7 pics. I am doing exercise too. I've lost 1st 5.5 lbs so far. I was 11.11 and now 10.6. I'm 5ft6 x

poocatcherchampion Sun 22-May-16 21:23:11

Great pics!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now