Do you weigh yourself in between group weekly weigh ins

(6 Posts)
fraggle84 Sat 13-Feb-16 08:48:52

Need to focus, weigh in is on a Monday for me, I do well up to friday then I lose focus.

No real reason for this as I'm a sahp so plenty time to go food shopping and easy to prepare lunches as have oven etc

Would weighing myself Friday morning help? We don't own a set of scales but wonder if I should buy one

Katenka Sat 13-Feb-16 10:28:33

I weigh in Monday and weighed myself this morning.

I don't take note of the numbers to closely just to see if there is a difference.

I find weekends harder than mid week. I work from home so not sure why. Probably because I have less to do.

DamedifYouDo Sat 13-Feb-16 11:03:21

I weight every morning, scale in the same place without clothes. It keeps me motivated and there are no nasty surprises! If I've not stuck to the plan and I see a gain it motivates me to get back on plan asap if I've been sticking to plan and see a loss I feel encouraged and if I have been on plan but the scales show no progress I take a look back at my diary.

It works for me, 6 kg in 6 weeks - online member so no group WI.

There is some research that says dieters who weigh every day are more likely to reach their goal.

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/lJ0tjmnq1djGt52Y4CFJWL/can-my-scales-ever-be-wrong

Mummyme87 Sat 13-Feb-16 15:36:47

I am a serial weigher. Like horrendous. I can weigh four times a day. It does keep me on track and so far isn't detrimental to my weight loss

thenewaveragebear1983 Sat 13-Feb-16 15:41:27

I weigh in on a Wednesday at group. I'll weigh at home on a Monday to see if I need to eat dust be extra good to undo the weekend! My scales weigh 1.5lb lighter than sw scales so I'll sometimes weigh in before group. I see it as a symptom of not being on plan though, and the more times I weigh generally correlates with how naughty I've been.

TwoTonTessie Sun 14-Feb-16 08:14:59

I weigh myself several times a week just so I can keep on track and reign it in if I've gained. Luckily my home scales always seem to match those at group so I can be quite accurate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now