Extra Easy quick n cheap lunches?

(5 Posts)
Lillamyy1 Tue 04-Aug-15 15:17:12

I've got a 3 month old "Velcro baby" - won't let me put him down for very long - so need ideas for very quick lunches that can be made using not many ingredients and things that are easy to get hold of or that I'm likely to have in the house.
My contribution is a tarted up version of the hummous (sp?!) that's in the "Get Started" booklet --which I found very bland until I added some oomph--:
Blend together a tin of chickpeas (drain first), two tbsps of fat free yoghurt, a large clove of garlic, two tbsps of lemon juice... for the oomph, also add a pinch of turmeric, two pinches of paprika, a pinch of salt and a sprinkle of black pepper.
I have mine with carrot sticks, sliced peppers and 3 sesame ryvitas (HEb). Also tastes good with sliced apple!

annielostit Tue 04-Aug-15 16:34:53

Cook rice in chicken stock cube.
Cook some peppers onion garlic carrot & peas, add rice salt & pepper. Throw in cooked chicken or ham.
Hot or cold with cherry tomatoes.

hstar1995 Tue 04-Aug-15 17:52:27

Boiled pasta with ham, passata, herbs and a salad? even cooled its quite nice (my failsafe lunch for when in uni)

Beans on toast - toast the bread, beans in a bowl in micro, plate up and quick lunch grin

I like a kingsmill 50/50 wrap (as a HEB) filled with ham/tuna, carrot, mushroom, cherry tomatoes, cucumber for lunch now and then , with yogurt and fruit for afterwards.

Or pizza roll? split a roll in half (HEB), top each half with tomato puree and any toppings you like, grill and serve with some salad

Midori1999 Tue 04-Aug-15 18:30:27

I quite often have some cold hard boiled eggs (keep in fridge) and smoked salmon or cold meats with just some veg sticks and gherkins for lunch. I have a big dinner plateful and it's filling and easy to eat without dropping all over yourself if holding a baby.

Otherwise a portion of whatever dinner was the night before may be good if things like cottage pie, pasta etc?

Midori1999 Tue 04-Aug-15 18:31:36

Oh, the hummous... If you leave out the yoghurt and add a chicken oxo (I know, but it makes all the difference!) a red pepper (either raw, roasted or jarred) and a chilli it's really nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now