aldi /lidl help

(7 Posts)
Loobylou3 Sun 19-Jul-15 08:24:33

Hi
I seem to be spending at least £40 a week more on my weekly shop (tesco) now I am doing slimming world. We have both aldi and lidl near by and I was thinking about giving one/both a try. Can you recommend syn free foods for either?
I tend to eat muller lights as a dessert in the evening and wondered if they had an alternative?
Any other recommendations please.

Thanks

Eminybob Sun 19-Jul-15 08:44:38

Aldi do a muller light type yogurt but I'm not sure if it's syn free. I guess if you compare calories and fat content in both, if they are the same I'd say it must be.

They don't do a fat free cottage cheese, or quark so if you eat those you might struggle.

Trying to think of what else, I've not done slimming world since swapping to aldi but I'll come back if I think of anything you might want to know.

canny1234 Sun 19-Jul-15 10:18:32

Lidl do very low fat mince and often seem to have good deals on chicken breasts and pork fillet.The rib eye Steak is also really nice.Aldi have lovely free range whole chickens and a good selection of tropical fruit at the moment.The frozen fish fillets are useful for curries and other dishes.Plus brilliant fruit and vegetables as usual.I don't eat yoghurt so can't help you with those I'm afraid.

Buttwing Sun 19-Jul-15 18:28:59

I do my main shop at aldi. I buy all the meat fillet, the fillet steak is really good also the do 5% fat mince which is just as good as anywhere else and free. Fruit and veg are great, there are copies of muller lights which are free, and copies of ff activia which are nice and free. I used to shop at sainsburys and the price difference for us is huge. They also do mini cornetto style ice creams which are good and only 3 syns. They aren't very big they hit the spot if you want something sweet, the multipack of mini curly wurlys crunches, chomp and fudges are good and they range from 3-5 syns.

sonata1 Sun 26-Jul-15 20:37:09

The Greek set yogurts from Aldi are fab and free. Coconut. lemon or strawberry. they come in a pack of 4.

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 27-Jul-15 23:32:02

Lidl do yogs like mullier light but half the price but also 1/2 syn

Their brand - think Manor House or something like that have a few free things - one being steak in gravy chunks in a tin

Also have a fab fat free yog that is free and think 50p for a huge tub

Their lamb shank is think 3 Syns or lower

Salmon /sauce is free

Check app for other things

PlayingHouse Tue 28-Jul-15 13:14:56

Aldi chilli marinated basa fish (from the freezer) is delicious.

Aldi mini bubbles chocolate - 4 syns.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now