What Do you eat for Lunch/Dinner?

(14 Posts)
IAmSashaFierce Sat 06-Jun-15 22:24:31

I've just joined SW online and am trying to plan my meals so I can shop.

I'm at work during the day and I often don't even make it out to buy anything. There aren't exactly cooking facilities in the office apart from a microwave/toaster and I'd prefer something just to crack open and eat.

I'm also curious as to what you ave for tea as all my lunch ideas use up my HeA/B.

I'm not a vegetarian but I rarely eat meat and if I do its chicken or turkey (never minced). Quorn doesn't agree with my either so I'm a bit of a fusspot!

Flisspaps Sat 06-Jun-15 22:25:42

Usually frozen jacket potatoes with salad and some sort of free topping (hm coronation chicken, tuna etc - I use quark instead of mayonnaise)

IAmSashaFierce Sat 06-Jun-15 22:54:28

Do you eat that for every meal?

I wouldn't mind that every now and again.

Also how many sins are you having per day? Online it says 5-15 per day but I don't know if people who are actually losing are eating that many. I don't know anyone in real life doing SW.

calzone Sat 06-Jun-15 22:57:56

Pasta salad
Mug shot
Soup
Rice salad
Egg and bacon sandwich
Chicken salad
Jacket potato and beans

Dollydewdrop21 Sat 06-Jun-15 23:11:34

I have all my syns everyday and loose good amounts every week! Make sure u have lots of speed food with every meal. Lunch ideas...
crustless quiche
sw syn free hummus and veg sticks
chicken/tuna salad
jacket potato and beans
soup

Flisspaps Sat 06-Jun-15 23:12:18

Most days I'll have some combination of that. I did have Mug Shots early on in my SW Journey but I'd sooner have something with actual food rather than dehydrated gloop.

I aim for 10-15 syns a day.

IAmSashaFierce Sat 06-Jun-15 23:21:25

What is speed food?

I don't have time to attend a group but am starting to realise I don't understand what I'm doing with the online version.

Dollydewdrop21 Sun 07-Jun-15 16:29:30

Speed food are all the foods that have an s symbol next to them and speed up your weight loss.

Flisspaps Sun 07-Jun-15 17:12:47

I don't take any notice of the whole S/P thing. I'm doing it online too - I discovered yesterday that looking at the mobile version of the site is crap - make sure you look at the desktop version even if you're on a phone!

IAmSashaFierce Sun 07-Jun-15 20:03:40

Ok thanks. I've planned my first week of food based on whats been said on here.

Am also getting some extra free things in so I can fill up if necessary.

I've gone for mainly S and P foods in the hope this will get me going for the first week.

Also isn't there an App Flisspaps?

emmaluvseeyore Tue 09-Jun-15 16:33:53

I started SW a couple of months ago (also doing it online) and have lost 5.9kg now (annoyingly I put on 0.3kg this week).

I am unable to get to any shops in my lunch break, and just have a microwave for cooking facilities. For my lunches, I cook double portions of my dinner and then reheat it for lunch the next day. It does limit what I can have for dinner on weekdays, but I just make sure I plan for that. I mostly have pasta and rice dishes (e.g. curry, spag bol, chicken fried rice, risotto). I tend to use the Uncle Ben's Express rice pouches which you can microwave. They aren't syn free but are low in syns. I sometimes have some of the Tesco Healthy Living ready meals as these are quite low in syns. I particularly like the arrabbiata.

Flisspaps Tue 09-Jun-15 18:01:44

No, the app is like a one week taster for non-members sad?

BlueberryMuffins76 Fri 19-Jun-15 15:49:49

I have 15 syns a day and I've lost 2.5 stone since January. Like someone up thread, I cook double for dinner and take the leftovers for lunch the next day. I always have cans of chickpea Dahl in the cupboard, or can make pasta/cous cous salad quickly if needs be when I'm making dinner the night before.

stargirl123 Mon 22-Jun-15 13:52:03

sounds really silly - i'm in the same position and i've started batch making soup! i use that for my lunch for half the week and have fruit/ muller light after! i've done a mix of salads as well for 2nd half of the week with boiled eggs/ham/tuna and pasta. you've loads of speed foods in one go then smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now