slimming world and ttc #1

(8 Posts)
sarah1391 Wed 06-May-15 13:24:45

Hi...just looking for some advice really.

I've started following the slimming world plan but I also want to conceive soon so I've came off the pill. In the past few years I've put on over 3 stone so really wanting to lose it and I know I've been eating all the wrong things (biscuits, takeaways, pizza...).

So now I've started eating all the right things as per slimming world guidelines so I know I will lose weight. Problem is, is it actually ok to lose weight whilst ttc or in the early stages of pregnancy?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks smile

fraggle84 Wed 06-May-15 15:30:16

Yes if done safely with a balanced diet

I carried on with slimming world while I was pregnant as its a healthy diet just had to add more syns towards the 3rd trimester

sarah1391 Wed 06-May-15 15:58:05

Thanks fraggle smile i was just worried about it with losing weight but it is just healthy eating so was sure it wouldnt be too bad! (i still eat a few biscuits though haha)

fraggle84 Wed 06-May-15 17:32:52

Are you going to try a class or do it on your own?

sarah1391 Wed 06-May-15 17:36:47

I started going to a class but the times aren't great for me so going to do it on my own smile lost 4 pounds in my first week but then 2nd week didnt go so well as was out for a meal etc so trying to stick to it again now!

fraggle84 Wed 06-May-15 17:39:48

I was similar lost 6.5 in 1st week then 2lb the next 3 but just 1/2 lb this week which was disappointed in as I'd been really strict even though I was very tempted by a goats cheese pizza at soft play I resisted and had a salad, wish I'd had the pizza now lol

sarah1391 Wed 06-May-15 17:57:54

The pizza sounds lovely! Well done on ur weight loss smile my 2nd week i put on 1/2 lb so wasnt very happy haha dont think the biscuits i had helped much! The next few weeks i have nothing planned to salads for me...

Loubar Sun 10-May-15 00:30:45

Best of luck to you! Keep at it, SW is a great diet. We were ttc for quite some time. I lost 2 1/2 stone on SW and fell pregnant. I completely credit it to my weight loss, whether it was health reasons, or a bit of mind over matter in the sense I had more self confidence... Best thing i ever did. You can do this! xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now