SW ready meals

(50 Posts)
MrMacadoo Mon 17-Nov-14 11:47:28

just heard Iceland are going to be stocking SW ready meals in the new year. Am not a big fan of ready meals but with 2 kids under 2 I can't help feeling these might be a godsend!

redstrawberrypie Mon 17-Nov-14 11:51:34

Where did you hear this? I'm quite positive that Slimming World would never produce ready meals

MrMacadoo Mon 17-Nov-14 12:07:00

its just been announced on their website

redstrawberrypie Mon 17-Nov-14 12:30:40

I'll go eat my hat......
Very surprised as I know SW had always said they didn't want to go down that avenue. I know it will make things easier for lots of people following the plan

OkyDoke Mon 17-Nov-14 12:34:09

I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with smile

CoconutAmericano Mon 17-Nov-14 12:37:20

I wish they sold their hi fi bars in supermarkets

Jackie0 Mon 17-Nov-14 12:37:55

It wouldn't be slimfast meals by any chance?

MrMacadoo Mon 17-Nov-14 12:39:51

how many syns in a hat redstrawberry grin i always thought it would be something they would end up doing, it will make them a fortune

MrMacadoo Mon 17-Nov-14 12:41:59

no Jackieo it's slimming world. I may be sleep deprived but i know the difference wink

Jackie0 Mon 17-Nov-14 17:50:42

Sorry, I have a vague memory of buying slim fast meals in Iceland years ago.

JoanHickson Mon 17-Nov-14 17:52:25

Are they going to be syn free?

dexter73 Mon 17-Nov-14 18:14:27

It says they are free food meals so they should be syn free.

PhoebeMcPeePee Thu 20-Nov-14 14:42:15

We were told the same at group last night. On the one hand I can see the appeal to those that don't like/have it got time to cook, but tbh one of the reasons I think SW is so much better than ww is the health benefits of proper cooking making it a change of lifestyle rather than a diet.

lizandlulu Thu 20-Nov-14 16:46:47

Evening, I'm new to posting on here so don't think I'm pushing in, buuuuut, we had this discussion last night in group. It's on the website too.

Our leader said although sw is always going to push the free food and cooking from scratch, they are going to bring out a handful of ready meals and sauces, all syn free and generous portions, or in the case of the sauces, low syn. They are going to change seasonally

I personally can't wait!! I'm not a big fan either, but for rushed days when I m a work, they will really help.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 23-Nov-14 01:19:52

Heard this last week. Sounds good to me

Would happily pay £3/4 for a syn free meal that I havnt spent last 30/60 mins making ie lasagne chicken casserole etc

Worryingwombat Sun 23-Nov-14 12:54:21

We were told this as well at our meeting.

I think I will be great I love making meals from scratch and I am enjoying learning new recipes each week!

But for shift works or like my mum who works nights ready meals will be great smile

chocoholicanon Fri 28-Nov-14 22:28:50

We were also told the recipe will be on the packaging so when you have more time you can cook the meal yourself. I live on my own and their recipes are always 4 servings at least so it would be good for me to try a frozen meal and if I like it I can then cook it and eat it for the next few days or freeze it.

MrMacadoo Sat 07-Mar-15 09:43:38

just wondering if anyone had tried these now and what they thought? I have had the sausages and the tikka masala and was pleasantly surprised

aibuyes Sat 07-Mar-15 09:47:38

I've not had a chance to try yet, but a lot of people in my group have and so far the reactions are pretty positive. I have plans to try the singapore noodles as soon as I get to an Iceland.

PinkParsnips Sat 07-Mar-15 10:00:52

I've tried the chicken tikka which was ok, a bit watery - I think a few people have mentioned the meals being a bit watery but I guess they aren't full of the thickening gloop that a lot of ready meals are!

The pasta and meatballs one was nice, possibly would add a bit of chilli or something next time as it was a bit bland but the meatballs were very tasty.

My mum tried the Singapore noodles, salmon pasta and beef with veg crush - she said the beef was lovely, others were just ok.

ChessieFL Sat 07-Mar-15 13:09:57

I've tried the Singapore noodles, chicken tikka and chicken pizzaola.

Singapore noodles were nice. Chicken tikka was nice but too spicy for me. I wasn't keen on the chicken pizzaola - the chicken had a weird texture.

I want to try the beef one but it's constantly out of stock!

I also have the meatballs and the sweet potato curry to try.

My disappointment is that some of the meals aren't completel i.e. you need to add your own veg/rice. To me this defeats the point of a ready meal - if I'm having a ready meal I can't be bothered to cook, so I don't want to faff around doing veg or rice!

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 17-Mar-15 23:37:50

Pasta and meatballs was apparently yummy - I wouldn't know Dp ate it. Said it was nice and not like diet food lol

Shame they Havnt done a lasagne one - that's what I love but can't be bothered to make and the White sauce is rank made via cottage cheese

Have the sweet potato curry and think pasta dish to try

Taste better cooked in oven as then not runny

More selection would be nice but good they have recipe on back of package

tabulahrasa Tue 17-Mar-15 23:53:00

I've looked in Iceland a couple of times, out of nosiness more than anything...it's just an empty freezer with a sign saying they'll have them back in stock soon, lol.

Blondes - lasagne, 500g of frozen cauliflower, cooked and blended with a packet of philli lightest, a bit if the cooking water and a veg stock cube makes a pretty good white sauce for lasagne, it's not syn free, but if you stick 90g of cheese on top and serve it for 4 it's an a choice.

I know it sounds odd, but it's much better than any of the egg and yoghurt or quark concoctions that I've seen on the website, I tried them, they were not ok.

GinBunny Wed 18-Mar-15 00:33:31

They must be doing something right because my local Iceland has been out of stock of most of the lines since they launched them. The meatballs are lush, not so the sausages - they should spice them up because they are bland and dry.

GinBunny Wed 18-Mar-15 00:35:41

Oops posted too soon blush
But I would rather have freezer food that I can heat up quickly than a Maccy Ds on the way home which is why I'm doing SW in the first place!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now