Newbie - starting tomorrow

(138 Posts)
bigchangesaroundhere Sat 12-Apr-14 20:47:19

Hi everyone, beginning sw tomorrow from home. Tried going to group a few years ago and didn't like it! Thought I'd say 'Hi' smile

InspirationFailed Sun 13-Apr-14 09:16:54

Hi, good luck! I'm on week 4 now and I'm bored already! I'm trying to stick with it though as I've lost 10.5lb so far - not that you can tell!

Misfitless Sun 13-Apr-14 09:18:54

Hi changes, can I join you?

Starting today and need to lose a lot!

Have been to several classes over the years, but have always put it back on. Decided to do it on-line this time instead of going to classes as don't have the time, was surprised to see it doesn't seem much/any cheaper shock to do it on-line, unless I've worked it out wrong.

bigchangesaroundhere Wed 16-Apr-14 10:42:29

Hi InspirationFailed and Misfitless! I went to SW a couple of years ago but couldn't stand all the staying to chat after bit. I did lose 2 stones though! Have since put all that back on and more so this time I really have to change everything about how I see/cope with/use food etc. I started doing it again from home in January and lost 1 stone 9lbs but got on the scales this morning and have only lost 1 stone now. But it is a start and I am back on it tomorrow! Spent Mon and Tues out and about and am starting back on it tomorrow. Shall we support one another? smile

Misfitless Wed 16-Apr-14 19:56:24

Yes please!

I'm starting again tomorrow.

Onwards and upwards! Well done on losing the stone changes.

fairylightsintheloft Thu 17-Apr-14 07:27:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Only1scoop Thu 17-Apr-14 07:30:34

Hi Op I'm with sw at moment it's taken me 2 months to lose a stone and one month to go but I'm hoping it will stay off this time. I do got to weigh in but don't stay for the group thing. Good luck....have you done a shop yet?

Only1scoop Thu 17-Apr-14 07:31:41

One more 'stone' to go....not month confused

bigchangesaroundhere Mon 21-Apr-14 13:17:54

Hi Guys smile Sorry, been off line for a while as things have been 'difficult' around here. Still, back to work for me tomorrow and I AM going back onto slimming world diet (sorry 'lifestyle' grin) tomorrow. I'll weigh myself in the morning and then go from there. I don't tend to have breakfast in the week but have a coffee when I get to work and then a banana/fruit etc and another coffee at 1030 (break time). Am looking forward to getting back to work (teacher). I eat far less when working and I am happy at work too hmm. I want to shift 10lbs as soon as I can to get back down to what I was before I fell off the wagon, so to speak wink.

Misfitless Mon 21-Apr-14 20:48:27

I've had a horrendous 2 weeks (eating wise)!

Yes, think I'll weigh myself, too, when faced with the cold hard facts of how huge I've become, it's bound to frighten the life out of me and make me stick to it smile.

Nice to hear of a teacher who loves their job! Hope you're OK, changes.

Good luck to everyone starting regime change tomorrow! xx

bigchangesaroundhere Mon 21-Apr-14 20:51:54

I'm sitting here stuffing in cherry pie and custard as I read this! Doing the usual thing I do of scoffing everything I can that I won't be able to eat from tomorrow! grin

EustaciaVye Mon 21-Apr-14 21:49:54

I signed up last weekend, had a great first couple of days and then ruined it all over Easter so I'll join you...

Iggity Mon 21-Apr-14 21:52:11

Cherry pie and custard sounds lovely. Good luck with it. I'm on the 2 pound a week thread so will pop over and say hi. My DH is not that interested in discussing the finer points of SW from dawn to dusk.

onedev Mon 21-Apr-14 21:55:49

Can I join you guys too as really need to lose 1 1/2 stone to get back to what I should be. I lost almost 5st to get totarget after DC2 but then have struggled to get to target again after DC 3 (who's 3 next monthblush). I've totally stuffed myself over Easter too so dreading the scales this week!

bigchangesaroundhere Mon 21-Apr-14 22:03:34

Hi EustaciaVye - don't worry, I take my hat off to anybody who has been good over Easter! We'll all start again tomorrow! Iggity, the 2pound a week thread sounds good, not that I always manage that! Onedev - hello and welcome! Wow, you lost 5st after DC2! I've never lost more than 2 and half stones in my life in one go so I am in awe of you! I have heard that it gets harder as we get older so I thought I'd better get on with it before I get tooooo ancient grin

EustaciaVye Mon 21-Apr-14 22:14:02

Thanks big changes. I don't have a lot of willpower.

Misfitless Tue 22-Apr-14 07:14:47

Good luck ladies (and men, if there are any among us)!

I've started off well - weetabix and a big drink of water.

EustaciaVye Tue 22-Apr-14 07:49:00

I have had a handful of grapes, a satsuma and 2 cups of tea.

Can someone tell me why you are only meant to weigh yourself once a week? I am trying not to weigh daily but it is hard grin grin

EustaciaVye Tue 22-Apr-14 10:57:01

Now I am depressed. Popped to Starbucks earlier. Went for a 'Berry crunch' which is half fat yoghurt, fruit and granola as I thought it would be a good option rather than a cookie, only to find it is 15.5 syns. oops.

Misfitless Tue 22-Apr-14 16:55:30

Eustacia..if this doesn't make you feel better I'll eat a plate of cauliflower...

I've had two, yes two Easter eggs today...and we're not talking the tiny ones, either. I've worked out that I've had my whole weeks worth of syns in day 1 of my regime change.

I actually, strangely (perhaps naively,) still feel in control, though. I counted the syns and decided to eat them. I have now had it with chocolate, which is good, as if I hadn't had them, I'd probably want to keep nicking biscuits out of the cupboard all the time.

trinitybleu Tue 22-Apr-14 17:42:19

hello all. I'm in again with a hideous amount to loose. Need all these Easter Eggs to disappear (and not down my throat!!)

Have had a jacket potato, cheese and beans with salad for lunch (split the shop bought potato with my DD and made sure she had most of the cheese!) and making tacos for dinner. Have eaten 2 treat sized Flakes and a packet of popped crisps as well.

onedev Tue 22-Apr-14 18:12:20

I've had 15 syns so far today - hoping I can make it through the evening without having anymore!

EustaciaVye Tue 22-Apr-14 21:08:41

misfit less - that made me grin

I had jacket potato with cottage cheese, carrot and sweetcorn for tea.

Starving now so just had a ww Greek style yoghurt which was 2 sins so takes me to 17.5.

Apart from my Starbucks boo boo I haven't had too bad a day.

Misfitless Tue 22-Apr-14 21:25:18

Well done us (well maybe not me)!

I was just thinking that if I hadn't gorged myself on two Easter Eggs, I'd be hungry and craving ....Easter eggs right now!

Mmmm...I don't think I've thought this through very well.

Quite worried about having no syns left till this time next week [shocked].

Funny how the no syns left thing seemed so manageable whilst I was eating the Easter eggs!

EustaciaVye Tue 22-Apr-14 21:32:50

Can you carry syns over if you don't use them then?

I feel a bit sick. I shouldn't have eaten the yoghurt. I feel like I have eaten more than normal today although I guess as it was better food that is a good thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now