Hate Yoghurts - alternatives please?!!

(5 Posts)
cls77 Mon 27-Jan-14 15:27:49

I hate the taste of yoghurts, mullerlight etc, and plain ones make me gag! I am trying, yet again to start SW and am struggling with 2 things.

1) Does anyone know a non yoghurt tasting syn free product that I can eat as a snack, use in white sauces like lasagne etc and freeze like ice cream (like all you lovely muller light lovers do sad )

2) What can I have when I really fancy something to nibble on thats chewy and sweet - like this time of the day (avo) I am at my desk, full from lunch but desperately craving wine gums or jelly beans! I wonder if its best to never eat them again as me and moderation dont seem to work very well!!

Thanks muchlygrin

JimmyCorkhill Mon 27-Jan-14 15:49:16

I made these once.

They worked really well but did just taste like eating raw jelly chunks to me. However, I know that some people love that!

Not sure about yogurt alternatives although chocolate mousses are often only 6 syns or below.

You can also slice a banana into discs and freeze, then blend to make an ice cream (this counts as syns though as you have blended your fruit).

Can you make a regular white sauce for lasagnes etc and count the flour/butter as syns and the milk as an A choice?

Tidypidy Mon 27-Jan-14 15:51:02

I like dried apricots as a healthy extra b choice. Fromage frais or quark are good alternatives to yoghurt.

cls77 Mon 27-Jan-14 16:45:27

Thanks Jimmy will try those, I used to love eating cubed jelly as a child smile
Tidy FF and quark are still as vile to me, dairy and I just don't get on (and the soya versions aren't much better!(

Someone must be the same as me?!! I don't want to use Syns on things that everyone else can have syn free sad

AandAmom Fri 31-Jan-14 20:39:47

I am not keen on muller lite but felt like I was missing out so I bought some ice lolly moulds and poured the muller lite into them.....gorgeous ! Bit like mini milk ice lolly smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now