slimming world while pregnant

(4 Posts)
elliejjtiny Sun 26-Jan-14 17:28:09

My midwife recommended slimming world to me. I tried to join online today, wrote in my height, weight, date of birth. Ticked the pregnant box and came to a screen which said that I couldn't join until after the birth. I thought you could do slimming world while pregnant. I'm wondering if it's just the online membership you can't do. I can't get to a group though as the 2 near me are on in the evening which doesn't fit in with the DC's. Should I try again and tick the not pregnant box?

Midori1999 Sun 26-Jan-14 21:31:16

You need to have a slightly different plan with more healthy extras I think if you're pregnant. Can you get along to one group to join and get info etc? It would be cheaper than online anyway. I think you might need a letter from your midwife though, but not sure.

elliejjtiny Sun 26-Jan-14 23:32:43

Thanks. I can't get to a group in the evening as would need DH to drive me and it clashes with bedtimes for the DC. I'll ask the midwife at my next appointment.

Popsicle30 Mon 27-Jan-14 12:29:08

When I've done SW previously there was a pregnant lady who came to group and like you I'm sure that I've heard you can do it whilst pregnant. If you could even get to one group session to join, get all the info and ask the questions it may be worth it. Or call the number on the website to query.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now