Joining Sw post pregnancy

(6 Posts)
Sangelina Tue 21-Jan-14 06:38:51

Hello ! I had a baby give weeks ago and would like to start losing the baby weight now. I'm breast feeding which I think you can do and follow Sw? Will I be allowed to join at five weeks ? I've no other health conditions and post birth recovery is good.

Midori1999 Tue 21-Jan-14 10:21:47

I started SW 5 weeks post birth. My baby was 15 weeks last week and I was 1/2lb shy of losing 1 1/2 stone at weigh in. Weigh in again tomorrow...

You get more healthy extras if breastfeeding. I can't remember how many it was when I started, 5 a day (instead of 2) I think. It's now 6 a day if I do the 'extra easy' plan and 7 a day if I do original or green days. I struggle to have them all tbh, but it's clearly not doing DS any harm as he's climbed 1 1/2 centile lines since birth.

Nectarines Tue 21-Jan-14 10:48:51

I joined when my baby was 3 weeks old. In 12 weeks I lost 20 pounds. I'm ebf so got more healthy extras. It's been great for me, encouraging a much healthier lifestyle and diet which can only benefit my daughter!

Sangelina Thu 23-Jan-14 02:37:49

Thanks for the responses; I bit the bullet and joined up !

Midori1999 Thu 23-Jan-14 11:15:41

Ooh, good luck!

I lost another 2lb this week, which I'm really pleased with, not least as I've got my period this week (TMI, sorry!) and I'm normally very bloated, which means I don't lose much, then I lose loads the following week. Hopefully I'll still lose lots next week...

Headlikeafuckingorange Fri 24-Jan-14 19:08:38

It's great if you are breastfeeding, so many healthy extras! I've lost half a stone in two weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now