Does SW have shares in Muller Light?

(12 Posts)
holycowwhatnow Sun 12-Jan-14 22:43:52

Genuine question. So much mention of Muller Light over all other brands of yoghurt. I ask because I don't eat Muller Light (as they contain gelatine) and I wonder why they are constantly recommending Muller. Your thoughts?

HarrietSchulenberg Sun 12-Jan-14 23:05:41

I did SW for a while and I wondered that too. I live near the Muller factory and I wondered if it was a regional thing. We had a tray of free yogs to sample once but they were rather vague about why we had them and I always suspected it was a marketing ploy.

holycowwhatnow Sun 12-Jan-14 23:46:31

Definitely not a regional thing, I'm in Ireland. I'm going to ask my consultant this week.

Revenger Mon 13-Jan-14 00:18:28

I think it's because they're free or very low syn value. I saw a korma recipe using a coconut muller lite. There probably is some kind of marketing deal going on with them.

Steffanoid Mon 13-Jan-14 15:35:31

I think it might be because they're syn free, the aldi fake !Mullers aren't syn free which people thought they were. the activia ones are free for most of the 0% ones.

holycowwhatnow Mon 13-Jan-14 16:40:26

O dear, the aldi ones aren't freeshock I was gutted to find the Rachel's Own ones weren't free either- they're extremely gorgeous.

I've no problem if SW have an affiliation with a product but I do think it should be made clear that there are alternatives to it and what those alternatives are. If they're going to name one product, they should be prepared to name more.

WeShouldOpenABar Tue 14-Jan-14 21:58:57

I think they must, I mean if you go on the syns calculator it has eg.Muller light cued up and ready to go

Some of them are bloody awful but I do like the Turkish delight one which I've been told has been "limited edition" for over a year now

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 19-Jan-14 15:25:38

Holy cow / my friend is a veggie and has been eating ml sad not sure she knows

Apart from Danone % what others are free or what do you eat?

Love vanilla Danone and Turkish delight ml are rank. Like eating perfume !!

hulahoopsilove Sun 19-Jan-14 15:47:31

yes I agree every single week our leaders gives us some recipe and low and behold the ML gets a mention - what is it all about?????

Steffanoid Sun 19-Jan-14 17:05:10

the turkish muller have stopped round here now its raspberry and dark chocolate

Shaxx Sun 19-Jan-14 19:29:23

It seems like it!
I'm anti artificial sweeteners so get annoyed at how much they're pushed.

jimmijam Sun 16-Mar-14 15:05:15

Wish they werevegetarian they're in so many recipes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now