I don't think I'm doing this right.

(5 Posts)

Rejoined SW this week and am on the Extra Easy plan. When I was a member years ago it was old-style with red and green days.

I thought the EE seemed easy to follow until I just realised I'm not eating anywhere near enough Superfree foods. How on earth are you supposed to fill a third of your meal every time with this stuff? I'm very inexperienced with veg (was brought up in a very unadventurous household) and tend to stick to what I know - cauli, broccoli, carrots, cabbage, peppers, mushrooms...

Does it HAVE to be a third of every meal? I'm eating plenty of fruit, will a third of my overall diet be enough?

In reality, yes a 3rd of your meal should be superfree. You'll see better weight losses for it. However, when I followed SW, I didn't always and still saw 2 or 3lbs off a week

KeepTryin Fri 11-Oct-13 00:39:04

I think part of the theory of having a third of your plate fruit or veg is to help fill you up eg if I had a baked potato and cottage cheese or a baked potato with cottage cheese and a big salad id feel fuller for longer and less likely to need a dessert or a calorie dense snack later.

TriumphGirl Mon 21-Oct-13 15:47:29

I know what you mean Flouncy, I've never done SW before but am struggling a bit with eating 2/3 superfree foods, I'm eating plenty fruit but not enough veg, anyway the scales will tell me how I've done on Wed night! hmm Good luck x

ballstoit Tue 22-Oct-13 18:14:47

Could you give an idea of meals so we can make helpful suggestions. I tend to have fruit with breakfast in the week eg weetabix with apple, melon and kiwi fruit: homemade veg soup, salad or leftovers for lunch and then dinner is a bit more varied.

If I'm having a traditional style dinner eg roast, cottage pie, stew then I have carrots and swede, brocolli, cabbage and cauli with it. If it's jacket spuds, curry or chilli I put veg in/with it and then have a small side salad. I also make tomato based pasta sauce with mushrooms, onion, celery, courgettes, peppers etc in and then add mince or chicken or leave as veggie.

I don't tend to snack on fruit or veg, as it seems to make me hungrier...usually have boiled egg, a cereal bar (healthy b) , fat free yoghurt or synned food for snacks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now