Starting again tomorrow night

(5 Posts)

Okay have decided to give SW another go. I went for a while a year ago and lost over half a stone but stopped going and I now weight over a stone more than when I first went! I now top the scales at nearly 14 stone and I'm only 5 foot 4. I am heading for 50 and fed up of feeling middle aged and fat. I am starting to really notice things like my ankles aching, not easily being able to paint my toenails etc which I am sure would be easier if I lost weight. I need to feel good about myself again. I have a problem in that DH is not always home when our SW group meets but I am going to pay the 12 weeks upfront and then if he isn't at home I will go anyway and take the DC's with me - have seen other people do this. Wish me luck guys - this weight needs to go!!!!!

KeepTryin Sun 29-Sep-13 21:38:25

Good luck! grin I'm in my second week and still feeling motivated. I've had a big dinner and an options and alpen bar. Feel very satisfied and I am excited for weigh in on wed.

Hi, thanks, first meeting attended yesterday and now I'm really starting. I have set myself a 3 stone to lose target. (And I actually weighed 14 stone 1 which is terrible really!) Good luck to you too.

KeepTryin Tue 01-Oct-13 20:52:20

That's good you've made the start! I'm about to weigh in for the 2nd time tomorrow. My starting weight and heaviest ever was 14.4 and down to 14.2 last week so we're at the same point grin I'm really enjoying it but just have to stay organised with it, plan ahead, make sure you have plenty of free snacks to hand. The 2nd week has been a lot easier than the first, already starting to feel like this is just how I eat now, rather than a conscious effort the first week.

Yes I totally agree about planning ahead - had a bad day yesterday when I didn't eat enough lunch and ended up eating a scone in desperation in marks and spencers - I was starving and figured it was the plainest option but when I looked it up it was 16 sins all by itself! I am also already fed up of mullerlight yogurts! Being prepared and having something like a hi-fi bar in my bag would have been a better option. I need to go shopping this weekend and fill the fridge with things like ham, chicken drumsticks etc as I find protein a better fix than something like fruit. Anyway, onwards and upwards or hopefully downwards!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now