Is this right?!

(18 Posts)
CressidaMontgomery Sun 22-Sep-13 10:29:23

Remember that there is no such thing as a 'free' food. Every food has a calorific value, so in that sense, yes, it's a marketing tool. The reason that people's losses on SW tail off is because they eat too much carby stuff

However, provided you limit the pasta and potatoes and those Muiller light things and concentrate on upping protein and veg you'll continue to lose well. It's all about stopping eating when you feel satisfied and not not pushing past that just because a food has been decreed ' free' by SW

Doodledumdums Wed 18-Sep-13 10:28:16

Thanks grin

onedev Wed 18-Sep-13 07:01:18

Well done, that's fab!

Doodledumdums Wed 18-Sep-13 00:43:46

I got my half a stone award last night grin It definitely works!

onedev Tue 17-Sep-13 19:14:45

Just make sure to have enough super free veg too & you'll definitely lose weight. Good luck as it's a great plan.

happycrimblechuckie Tue 17-Sep-13 16:48:01

Just been directed here by someone, who's NN escapes me I had the very same question and I think if it is all true what you are saying, I am going to love this diet, I love rice and pasta and have just had a big bowl of pasta with tomatoes, mushrooms, sweet corn and peppers and five bean tin thing I think that was all free, I may be mistaken but if it was, I am happy as it was lovely and I am comfortably full!

onedev Mon 02-Sep-13 23:25:59

Well done. Stick with the plan & you'll lose weight. Just make sure to eat enough super free foods! Keep at it & you won't regret it. smile

Doodledumdums Mon 02-Sep-13 21:39:46

I lost 2lb smile Not amazing, but better than nothing!

Doodledumdums Sat 31-Aug-13 21:57:28

Wow, five stone is brilliant, well done you!

Extra easy seems easy enough to follow, it just seems weird that you don't have to be hungry all the time, that is usually a standard aspect of dieting!

Will update on Monday after weigh in...eeek!

onedev Sat 31-Aug-13 18:46:26

I lost almost 5 stone on SW, although at that time, it was Red & Green days so it wasn't quite the same as Extra Easy. However, after my 3rd DC, I rejoined & did EE for most of it (although not a big meat eater so would still have a lot of Green days) & lost over 2 stone to get back to target.

Hope the Monday weigh in goes well - I'm sure it will!

Doodledumdums Sat 31-Aug-13 08:50:06

Thanks onedev!

So far I think i've been following it well, but I guess we will see at weigh in on Monday! It seems like it makes sense, but the free food thing baffles me, all diets I have been on before require you to restrict what you eat, but not this one! Hallelujiah!

Doodledumdums Sat 31-Aug-13 08:46:58

I think I need to get some options sachets as I think they are only one syn each. The coffee and tea sound good, but I hate coffee and tea, so don't think they will work for me :-( Definitely going to increase my squash consumption though!

onedev Sat 31-Aug-13 08:37:47

It is all free & yes you can eat as much free food as you want. The key is making sure you have enough super free food - a third of your plate should be super free.

It is a great plan, so I'd say trust it & if you follow it properly, you will lose weight. Good luck.

Doodledumdums Sat 31-Aug-13 08:24:13

I think I need to get some options sachets as I think they are only one syn each. The coffee and tea sound good, but I hate coffee and tea, so don't think they will work for me :-( Definitely going to increase my squash consumption though!

ballstoit Fri 30-Aug-13 23:16:12

I've been drinking Liquorish tea, it's got a sweetish flavour and also Douse Egbert's chocolate coffee (sounds random I know!) with little bit of sweetener and milk so almost like a Mocha. Does help with the chocolate craving (though obviously not always as the 5lb gain shows wink )

Doodledumdums Fri 30-Aug-13 22:39:40

Wow, well done on your 17lb, that's brilliant! I seriously need to lose at least two stone, so i'm really hoping this is the diet for me. I have been having terribe sugar cravings today, I just want a big bar of chocolate!

Okay, comfortably full I can live with. Sounds sensible! I guess I wil see at weigh in whether it is working for me. Fingers crossed!

That is interesting what you say about drinking. That will be my biggest downfall as I know I don't drink anywhere near enough! Will.make a conscious effort now though!

ballstoit Fri 30-Aug-13 17:35:46

Well, you can eat until you're satiated...that's not the same as eating as much as you want. My consultant describes it as being comfortably full...not waddling away from the table undoing the button of your jeansgrin

When I stick to plan, I lose weight, am 12 weeks in and 17lb lighter (was 22lb but put on 5 last week after stuffing my face for the week).

I've been ready to eat at meal times but not ravenous at any point. Tend to have breakfast, lunch, mid afternoon snack (usually half of b choice eg.Alpen light bar, a couple of crackerbread), dinner then a yoghurt or fruit free snack in the evening.

The more water, herb tea and sugar free squash I drink the better I do in terms of weight loss.

Hope that helps...good luck!

Doodledumdums Thu 29-Aug-13 20:03:00

I just made spaghetti bolognese- extra lean mince, carrots, peppers, peas, onion, garlic, tom puree, tinned toms served with spaghetti....and this is supposedly all 'free food?' I can eat as much as I like??!

I literally don't understand how I could possibly lose weight eating that? Does it really work? I'm new to all of this!

Please be honest, will this 'never feel hungry' thing really work, or is that just a marketing tool? Do I actually have to control how much I eat of the free stuff or is it literally a free for all?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now