First week and gained !! How is that even possible??

(14 Posts)
Maxine41 Sun 22-Sep-13 16:46:46

Just started slimming world and feel so bloated.. First time I joined I put half a pound on so am having a few doubts if it works for me.. Hope so as I'm sick of crash diets

OvertiredandConfused Fri 20-Sep-13 10:52:39

I don't watch portion size at all and I've lost nearly 4 stone and maintained for a year.

SW is very clear that 1/3 of free food should be super-free. You also need healthy extras and a reasonable number of suns. If I fall below an average of 9 syns per day, my weight loss slows. Also, drink plenty of water. Does make a difference.

Darkesteyes Sun 15-Sep-13 23:24:23

Sorry but im dyscalculic so i find this third of this and third of that really confusing.
I have a Join Slimming World for free voucher that was free in Woman magazine last week and im planning to use it this week.
I lost ten stone on SW 11 years ago eating loads of the Free Foods so i dont get why that doesnt work now. (apart from me being older of course) Saying that a food is free and then saying "watch your portion size is a bit gaslighty.

surpriseitsme Sun 15-Sep-13 09:58:37

Yup its all about the superfree!! Free foods should only be a max of 2/3 of your diet. Always make sure of 1/3 superfree on extra easy x also I find if I dont have my healthy extras my weight loss slows x

LordEmsworth Sat 07-Sep-13 19:28:36

My first ever week at Slimming World (before Extra Easy) I put on... The consultant suggested I wasn't eating enough (so my body was going into starvation mode and clinging on to the calories). Second week I ate more, and lost 3 pounds.

When they introduced Extra Easy I tried it but always put on so went back to green & red days; when I tried EE again I realised that I hadn't understood it properly and hadn't been eating enough Superfree foods. When I increased those, it worked for me.

Are you going to a group? Did you talk to the consultant, what did they say?

BikeRunSki Sat 07-Sep-13 19:25:36

I lost 3 stone with SW last year, and kept it off. With .Free Food, you can eat as much as you want, in that you don' t need ti weigh it, but you need to have reasonable size portions ie; eat enough to fill you uo now, rather than having an unsatisfactorarily small portion now, and pigging out on bread and butter later. Obviously , if you eat kilos and kilos of pasta yiu will not lose weight.

nuttytart1977 Sat 07-Sep-13 19:16:14

I thought u could eat as much free food as u wanted x

MrsBeep Tue 03-Sep-13 10:36:53

Are you on your period? Water retention? Did you eat before your first ever weigh in or not? Could be a false racing. Also, you said you only have a stone to lose, could take a little longer than those of us with 6 stone to lose!

Funnyfishface Fri 23-Aug-13 01:00:00

It's extra easy plan. Yes there are free foods. Although I have also logged onto my fitness pal to check calories and its averaging at around 1200 per day

Bluecarrot Fri 23-Aug-13 00:59:19

I did too, then lost 5lbs the following week. 1/2 pound is nothing really. Could be water, full bowels etc.

Just double check your portion size ( smaller plates help) and get plenty of water and exercise.

Good luck!

Funnyfishface Fri 23-Aug-13 00:58:22

Thanks chicken. Did you stick with sw ? Did you lose the second week

HeySoulSister Fri 23-Aug-13 00:57:46

Is it still 'free foods'? That could be why then!

chickensaladagain Fri 23-Aug-13 00:56:12

I did that on slimming world

I have no idea about portion control and was eating far too many free foods

I found putting less on my plate to start off with, with the option to add more if I was still hungry, worked for me -I rarely needed to go back for more

Funnyfishface Fri 23-Aug-13 00:27:35

First week on slimming world and I have gained half a pound.

I have about a stone to lose. I have logged everything I have eaten. I have gained weight.
So pissed off!!!!!!!!!
Suggestions anyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now