This doesn't sound at all right?

(4 Posts)

At WI the only day one member had lost 7lb in one week. When asked what she'd done she said she'd eaten loads of diabetic chocolate & then implied it had a laxative effect.

Is it just me thinking this isn't a very safe way to lose weight & not really the SW way of food optimising?

The leader didn't say anything & I'm wondering if she should have. The member is quite young so I'm thinking our leader didn't say anything in front of everyone so as not to embarrass her but I do think she ought to say something to stop other people doing it?

Am I worrying over nothing?

SPBisResisting Sat 17-Aug-13 09:11:26

ugh, that sounds awful
That said I lost 6lb in my first week of dieting because I had a lot to lose and I was basically just losing all the bloating. No laxatives involved. I went from 16s6 to 16s. I think it's quite common which is good as it spurs you on to see 'instant' results

She's not new though, has been doing it a while.

SPBisResisting Sat 17-Aug-13 09:15:58

Oh I see sorry. Not sure why I assumed it was her first week.
That does sound really dodgy and hopefully managing that sort of thing is covered in the leaders' guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now