I feel dirty bad for what I just ate. htf is that free food?

(13 Posts)
IKnewHouseworkWasDangerous Tue 13-Aug-13 14:50:01

A bowl of smash and bovril.....

Sounds awful but that is the most satisfied I have felt in ages.

BethAndHerBrood Tue 13-Aug-13 20:40:12

Lol, i sometimes have smash and baked beans. All mixed up. Soooo good!

IKnewHouseworkWasDangerous Wed 14-Aug-13 16:49:18

Smash and beans! Why didnt I think of that.? Do people really lose weight on this. How is a bowl of smash and beans in anyway less bad than 1 slice of bread and clover spread which nearly maxed out my syns?

DH lost two stone on SW and wasn't hungry once.

He put most of it back on, mind, mostly in bread and takeaways.

I did it with him and loved having a great big jacket with beans for lunch. Kept me going for ages.

HeySoulSister Wed 14-Aug-13 17:16:24

that's no good for you,surely?

IKnewHouseworkWasDangerous Wed 14-Aug-13 17:18:33

Thats what I thought. But to be fair it did stop me bingeeating a packet of double stuffed oreos, which is what I wanted to do.

Yonihadtoask Wed 14-Aug-13 17:26:35

OMG I haven't had Smash for years!!

It's disgustingly comforting though isn't it?

Glad it kept you away from the biccies smile

IKnewHouseworkWasDangerous Wed 14-Aug-13 17:27:28

Thats what I thought. But to be fair it did stop me bingeeating a packet of double stuffed oreos, which is what I wanted to do.

IKnewHouseworkWasDangerous Wed 14-Aug-13 17:28:12

Sorry for the double post. Thanks!

ballstoit Mon 19-Aug-13 14:12:05

It is free but not really sticking with plan as not a third superfree...my leader reminds us a lot that all meals must have that third.

As long as that's not what you have for every meal though an occasional comfort eat is fine though wink

forevergreek Mon 19-Aug-13 14:23:20

So it's 'free food' you are allowed to eat all day if you want? That doesn't seem to make sense or be healthy?

I like bananas, doesn't mean I should eat 12 a day

forevergreek it does sound mad, doesn't it? But actually you'd get bored before you'd eaten more than maybe two bananas, and because you're never afraid of being hungry you don't think about food all the time.

Feeling hungry and worrying about how much you're allowed to eat puts people off diets. If you know you can just go to the cupboard where you've put all the "free" things and have whatever you want, you don't stress about it.

IKnewHouseworkWasDangerous Mon 19-Aug-13 15:17:19

Also free food tends to be very low in fat and processed sugar.

For example
I slipped and had a slice of white bread and butter adding it up that alone came to most of my syns for the day.

I am trying to stick mainly to free and superfree foods as much as possible at the moment as I am fairly immoble due to injury.

The smash day was a bad one but it could have been a whole lot worse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now