SLIMMING WORLD #4

(1000 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Mon 01-Jul-13 21:55:47

welcome one and all - oldies (and yo yo'ers like me ) and any newbies

'looks at sunshine and then swimming cossie, then herself'

muminthecity Tue 29-Oct-13 16:28:06

Thanks Mammoth and Didi - I don't actually know how much I want to lose. Definitely 7 stone as a minimum (so only just over 2 stone to go - woohoo!) but I may want to lose a bit more once I get there.

Fairygen Tue 29-Oct-13 19:07:25

Congratulations * mum*! That's amazing!

I am at the end of a red day ( thank god!!!). I used to do them all the time, but really struggle now I've got into the habit of eating carbs. Hoping to do another one tomorrow, in the attempt to have a decent loss on Thursday.

I MUST also give up the wine again. I stopped drinking at the end of April, but over the last few weeks I've been having wine on a Saturday night, and a couple of glasses on Sunday. Health wise, it's probably not that bad, but as far as syns are concerned it's taking a huge chunk of my allowance!!

Ah dear! I ate 1/2 a jar of Nutella today and its weigh in tomorrow damage is done sad I was considering going for a run but I won't for a 3 miler last night and my leg still hurt today so that's out of the question. Just gonna have to suck it up I I have a gain.

Minimammoth Tue 29-Oct-13 21:33:44

Lost 1 lb at WI. Steady does it.

muminthecity Tue 29-Oct-13 22:06:42

I lost 3.5lbs at WI tonight, got slimmer of the week and won a big basket of fruit and vegetables in the raffle! Couldn't be happier grin. Feeling really motivated now, really going to try and have a good week - if I can get 2.5lbs off this week then I will have my 5 stone award!

Darkesteyes Wed 30-Oct-13 00:29:15

Another pound off Steady does it for me too.

HalloweenDidi Wed 30-Oct-13 09:46:51

My few days away might mess me up a bit this week. I had McDonald's on Mon, Chinese buffet yesterday ( no I didn't just choose the sw friendly options) and I don't know what we'll end up having today. I think I'll have to be syn free for the rest of the week to minimize the damage. I have enjoyed myself though, and that's what matters. I'll just wait and see what the scales say on sat, I'll be ok with sts this week.

well done everyone on the losses, especially mum with slimmer of the week.

shelby775 Wed 30-Oct-13 10:52:34

Just found this! I am on sw online, and am a tad disappointed with the lack of support on the site. I started at the end of august and have lost 1st 7lbs.

At the start I lost 3lbs each week using the EE plan. Now I have weeks where I lose nothing, even though I stick to the plan religiously. Its most disheartening. I see that many on EE switched back to red and green days to jump start the weight loss again, and I must say Im considering it!

Im so upset when the scales dont change. it makes em want to run to McDs!

Minimammoth Wed 30-Oct-13 11:16:50

Shelby, you gave done amazingly well, I started in August and have not lost a stone yet. I guess it does slow down as your body adjusts. I don't do red g/reen stuff' know nothing about them. But keep goingsmile

Loolah Wed 30-Oct-13 18:18:45

I finally got my 4.5 st certificate today. It's taken me so long of going up and down as had too many social gatherings to go to over the last couple of months, and I will not deprive myself of wine wink I've been doing sw since January, this is the lightest I've been for over 15 years and I don't intend to go back! I am hoping to lose another 3 st at least ( I was very large!) I come and read all your posts every now and again for inspiration and motivation smile

1 and 1/2lb off tonight unexpected ad I accidentally ate 1/2 a jar of Nutella yesterday chocolate is my downfall. Only 13lb till I'm on target now!

MickleMe Thu 31-Oct-13 22:50:44

Well done everyone, some big losers on the thread wink

I'm now 8lbs down after 3 weeks, I don't feel thinner but feeling happy. I just keep thinking about how far I have to go sad

10storeylovesong Fri 01-Nov-13 15:19:08

Hi all, can I join you? I started SW just over 3 weeks ago after playing around with WW online. I'm really enjoying it so far and lost 8lbs in first 3 weeks which I'm made up with. I had 3 stones 3.5lbs of baby weight to target, but may change that if I get closer. I'd like to get a large chunk of that off before back to work at end of Jan, but think I could struggle with my birthday and xmas.

Hi beaut!

Hi 10 I'm going to be back at work by the beginning of Feb so hoping for a good loss by then. I'm the same though will probably struggle with Christmas and my birthday in January.

Anyone else liking the new Christmas pud hi fis. I'm a little addicted smile

10storeylovesong Sat 02-Nov-13 17:36:57

I've bought some but they're still in the cupboard. I'm a fan of the rocky roads but they always sell out really quickly at our group so didn't manage to get any last week.

AntiJamDidi Sat 02-Nov-13 18:13:49

I missed wi this morning as I slept in, oops. I think I should have done ok though, even though I was away and eating out for 3 days. My home scales say 1lb off but they aren't always accurate. I'm aiming to lose 3.5lbs by next week (that's including whatever happened this week) because that would get me the 1.5st award, and possibly even my club 10.

Fairygen Sat 02-Nov-13 19:48:19

-2.5 lbs on Thursday and by some fluke also SOTW!! ( it was Halloween, hardly anyone stayed to group, and the basket was pretty dire...but I got a sticker!)

pinkone I have just bought a jar of nutella to make fake ferrero tomorrow as a trial for our taster evening on Thursday. The left overs will be sealed and hidden at my mums!!!!

10 hi x

Congratulations loohlah x

holidaysarenice Mon 04-Nov-13 00:33:09

Does anyone know how I leave sw? I haven't been for 2 weeks so I would need to cough 15 quid this week. Also the class isn't suiting me timewise at the moment so I'm basically paying to step on the scales which I could do at home.

However I'm almost at target so then it wud be free and weigh in does keep me motivated!

If I just don't go back, does it cancel itself?

10storeylovesong Mon 04-Nov-13 07:19:34

Is there another class you could join which would suit you better if you still want the motivation of class?

If not, think you just don't go back!

Fairygen Mon 04-Nov-13 18:33:28

As far as I know, you never have to pay more for missed weeks than it costs to rejoin. If you want to leave, just stop going.

If you change groups they can transfer all your info and keep your weight loss history.

holidaysarenice Tue 05-Nov-13 00:27:43

Thanks guys! I just paid for the 2 missed weeks and tonight. I'm only 2lb from target - when I think it will be free then??

Or is it only when I reach slimming world target? It was also my stone award tonight!! Whoo hoo!

Minimammoth Tue 05-Nov-13 07:43:50

Hiya everyone, I iincdulged and went over syns this weekend so weight went up and has only returned to my normal this morning thus no weight loss I feel. Unless my body gets rid quick. Holiday like you I am 3 lbs from target, wondering how I hold steady when I get there, cos as soon as I am over synning I go straight back up.

I lost 1/2 a lb today. Struggling with this diet as I've never had such slow weight loss. So far wk1 1/2 a lb, wk2 2lb and wk3 1/2 lb hmm

holidaysarenice Tue 05-Nov-13 18:38:22

Mini mammoth - I'm okay when I'm at work/home when I visit my family it goes tits up! Altho I have just ordered some gorgeous dresses which I hope will motivate me!

Minimammoth Tue 05-Nov-13 21:42:37

Ack from weigh in and down 1lb, much to my surprise. Holiday, I soooo want to buy new clothes, < am a bit skint! as holidaying soon> family is always full of temptation! as my holiday will be ???Italy.
If I get to target before then.
Must watch the Syns this wk.
Sorry you are struggling Beautician. Steady loss is good though.

This thread is not accepting new messages.