(1000 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Mon 01-Jul-13 21:55:47

welcome one and all - oldies (and yo yo'ers like me ) and any newbies

'looks at sunshine and then swimming cossie, then herself'

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 03-Jul-13 15:37:22

b fruit and cake (friends birthday)
l mugshot, yog and fruit
t quiche, salad and beans

s yog, fruit and cake which was 304 cals, that cant be 15syns if you count the 20cals a syn rule shock was only an ickle cake sad

ladyarwenevenstar Wed 03-Jul-13 18:56:49

<also waves at daisy> I have hopefully sent you a FB invite to a group.

melliebobs Wed 03-Jul-13 20:07:53

muminthecity you have my sympathy. Dd had it in jan and very kindly have it to me. Felt rough as badgers for a week and the spots were all under my finger nails. Ouchees. Get well soon smile

minibmw2010 Wed 03-Jul-13 20:15:43

Doineedhelp .. With respect are you being truly honest about your syns? A couple of small glasses of wine and a 'couple of biscuits' will often come to over 15 syns sadly.

Hello everyone! smile

I am on day 1 of SW, and trying to get my head around it all. Yesterday was meant to be day one but all I had in was junk blush so I needed to go stock up first!

I am the heaviest I've ever been and so unfit, I've made an interim goal of losing 2 stones but will need to lose more in total.

B: Oats (HEB), Milk (HEA), apple (grated), sprinkle of cinnamon and sweetener on porridge.
L: Layered salad with prawns and cottage cheese.
T: Roasted veg, chicken, and baked sweet potato. lite marg. reggae sauce.
Snacks: Cherries, strawberries, pieces of cooked chicken.

Also going to have freddo frog, am I right in thinking these are 5 syns?

Huffpot Wed 03-Jul-13 21:47:09

1.5lbs off for me grin grin grin

TallyBear Wed 03-Jul-13 21:59:11

Reading through at least I'm not alone in getting stuck, lol (no offence anyone!).

Can I say that there appears to be no rhyme or reason why you lose one week and not the next (what annoys me is when I've gone nowhere for 4 weeks). I've eaten really well and lost nothing and eating crap and lost! Go figure! Same with everyone else in my group.

Do beware of hidden syns though and inaccurate counting: I've just discovered that having been putting down 4.5 for 'basic bread sauce made up as directed'. I've just looked up the 'proper' syns for the Tesco packet and the packet is 14.5 syns without the milk!! Oops (even for half). Also the Batchelors Pasta 'n Sauce are free (some of them) but the Tesco equivalents are not!

I also had a theory for a while that scoffing out one day a week fools your body into not getting complacent and going into hibernation mode. I like it but there is no scientific backing behind it grin.

Mum sympathy, I had it too a while back. Hope you get better soon.

doineedhelp Wed 03-Jul-13 22:12:56

Hi mini yes I am being honest... I measure out the wine too so not overestimating either.
Today I have had.
B scan bran, yogurt with strawberries, banana and kiwi
L small jacket pot with egg mayo (except it was fromage frais and not in fact mayo so syn free) with large salad
D rice, quorn pieces with loads of veg in passata sauce.
Snacks were apple, grapes, mugshot and cherries

No syns today as used them all on weekend

Can you see any problems here?

Thanks

minibmw2010 Wed 03-Jul-13 22:26:37

No that looks really good. I just asked as its easy to underestimate syns. I'm only losing 1lb a week but I know it's because I'm having the odd bad thing here or there so i don't expect more.

schooldidi Wed 03-Jul-13 22:27:40

Hello everyone. Well done on all. the fab losses.

You should all be proud if me, dp suggested dominos last night and I was tempted but looked up the syns and made a tomato and veg pasta thing instead. Twas surprisingly yummy and even dp didn't complain about missing his pizza.

OctopusWrangler Wed 03-Jul-13 23:19:46

'lo! Fell off the fred, and had a fortnight off being behaved due to crap times in the family. Trying to be better this week, as luckily didn't gain, just maintained. Total loss thus far lurking at 1st 6lb over eight weeks.

Anyway, planning a stir fry for tomorrow as it's a hectic day and cooking is something I just do not have time for. I'm damn lucky that my kids eat most stuffgrin

Question: anyone used quick cook spaghetti instead of noodles? It just cooks so much quicker!

OctopusWrangler Wed 03-Jul-13 23:20:32

Though I may get some rice instead. The local freezer food shop sells bags of pre-steamed rice, it is just rice, unlike the packets. they zap in two minutes too and are freeeeeeeee!

muminthecity Wed 03-Jul-13 23:45:06

Octopus - Is spaghetti really quicker than noodles? I only boil noodles for 3-4 minutes then chuck them in to the stir fry and toss them about a bit.

Thanks all for the sympathy. I actually feel ok, feel a bit of a fraud having time off work for what is now essentially a few spots on my hands and feet. I work in a school though so suppose it's best to follow GP's advice and not risk infecting all the children!

I've just had a packet of chewits, only 6 syns for the packet and they last ages cos they're so chewy! Well worth the syns. Made me feel lots better too, so medicinal really grin.

LackaDAISYcal Thu 04-Jul-13 00:32:51

Ooooh ladyarwenevenstar, is it rially you? ;)

Can't see a link, but that doesn't mean it isn't there! FB is hiding things from me a lot these days hmm

Had planned to go to a local group tomorrow and re-register as I can't find my bloody folder anywhere, but it's new parent evening at DS's high school tomorrow so it'll have to wait. Will try and remember the basic principles though...

IsaacCox Thu 04-Jul-13 06:41:48

Welcome newbies smile

Well done on all the fab losses!

Hope you're better soon muminthecity Chewits are definitely medicinal grin

I had a really bad day food wise yesterday. I spent the day with my dad and sister (he took us shopping!) then we met with lots of family for a meal out. This is what I had:
B- 200ml chocolate oat drink (I saw on a sw FB page that 200ml is a HEA- it had better be as it's bloody lush! grin) 1 alpen light bar 1/2 HEB and a clementine
No lunch just a diet coke
D- massive toad in the hole with mash, peas and gravy and then the 8 of us shared 2 plate sized cookie dough pizzas! blush they were covered in all sorts of chocolate and popcorn and popping candy and other bad yummy stuff. That was bloody lovely too! grin

I'm weighing in this morning and I was hoping for 1lb to take me to 1 stone loss but we'll see :-/

IsaacCox Thu 04-Jul-13 07:25:28

I've stayed the same this week but that was to be expected!

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 04-Jul-13 07:39:16

Your hand. Welcome and yes about freddo

Huff - well done. Yah smile

Tally - same here. No rhyme or reason sad and yes some brands are higher then others - seems the exp named brands ie batchelors are free where as cheap alternative ie assa and tesco - some aren't free in syns sad

Octopus - well done for sts if been bad and no haven't used which spaghetti

Isaac - cookie dough pizza ? And what is that chocolate oat drink?

IsaacCox Thu 04-Jul-13 08:22:55

Here's the description for the 'pizza'-

A giant squidgy chocolate chip cookie, layered with chocolate brownie chunks, marshmallows, white & dark chocolate, popping candy, toffee sauce, Maltesers™, toffee popcorn and chocolate coated honeycomb pieces Not too many syns then grin (I did share it with 3 others though unfortunately)

This should be a picture here

The chocolate oat drink is called Oatly and is from Tesco. It tastes just like chocolate milk not oaty at all. It's dairy free and low in sat fat.

muminthecity Thu 04-Jul-13 10:06:02

Isaac - That looks amazing - I am drooling now!

I forgot to mention this on here yesterday, but for those who like mayonnaise did you know that Tesco lighter than light mayonnaise is only half a syn per tablespoon? It is lovely as well, tastes like proper mayonnaise, much nicer than Hellman's extra light. Aldi do one too which is also half a syn and nicer than Hellman's.

higgle Thu 04-Jul-13 10:19:26

Well, I managed to get to 2 stone off yesterday - 1 stone 13 lb to go to what I hope is target. I lost 2lb over a fortnight which at this stage I'm quite pleased with. If you think the average female needs 2000 calories a da to maintain and it is about 3500 calories to gain/lose a pound you would need to be down to around 1000 calories a day to lose 2lb a week, not good! I've noticed it is really only the new starters who want to lose a lot of weight who have the big losses, and these soon even off to around 2lb - I simply think that for anyone who is venturing down into the 8 or 9 stones bracket you can lose large amounts every week.

I need to manage 1.35lb a week now to be at target for holiday in at the end of November - I'd like to be there but in a way if I'm still trying hard to get to target it might be easier for me long term.

Today:

B. Poached egg on toast, grilled tomatoes
L Pasta salad with green salad and quorn slices, apple
D Butternut squash curry, rice, green beans. Melon+strawberries.

muminthecity Thu 04-Jul-13 11:13:21

higgle - Well done on your 2 stone, that's great.

I agree that it seems to be those of us with larger amounts to lose who see the bigger losses each week. I have lost 2st12lbs so far but still have around 6 stone to go before target blush. I am averaging 3.5lbs per week but I know that won't last forever. It is quite encouraging to lose more at the start when you have so much to lose though, iyswim. Losing 8/9 stone seems like an endless uphill struggle when you first start so the initial 3/4lbs a week is a good boost and makes it feel a bit more achievable.

I can't wait to get to the stage where I only have 2 stone left to lose, and by that stage I'll be perfectly happy with 1lb a week! grin

higgle Thu 04-Jul-13 12:18:29

Yes, 1lb a week is nearly 4 stone in a year. Dieting is strange because it sounds so easy "move more, eat less, mainly plants" really does sum it up but the reality is rather more challenging.

ladyarwenevenstar Thu 04-Jul-13 14:34:58

I have added you to the group daisy. There is a 7 day sample menu on the SW website if that helps. My books are absent due to DS2 packing everything away for the dreaded decorating. I would manage far better if I didn't eat half a mars bar and some apple pie for breakfastblush

does this thread have a set WI day?

BethAndHerBrood Thu 04-Jul-13 14:45:26

I didn't get to group, but have been on my scales. They say 1lb off which i'm happy with, after my m&mtastic weekend!

Well done losers!

BethAndHerBrood Thu 04-Jul-13 14:46:37

Oh, and i am LOVING the look of that pizza! All except the popping candy! grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.