SLIMMING WORLD #4

(1000 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Mon 01-Jul-13 21:55:47

welcome one and all - oldies (and yo yo'ers like me ) and any newbies

'looks at sunshine and then swimming cossie, then herself'

Thesebootsweremadeforwalking Tue 10-Sep-13 09:58:05

Oh no. First week weigh in this morning, no loss, no gain!

Am EBFing with 4 extra HEs. Can someone please reassure me it's possible to lose weight this way?

anon2013 Tue 10-Sep-13 12:38:58

Did you do a food diary?, that's a really good way of keeping track of what you're doing. If you follow the plan you'll lose weight smile stick with it

anon2013 Tue 10-Sep-13 12:40:10

I don't have the veg lasagne recipe to hand, it may be on the website?. I've not cooked it for a while.

anon2013 Tue 10-Sep-13 12:43:20

I've just googled "slimming world veg lasagne" and there is a mumsnet forum post from a couple of years ago with it on smile

Thesebootsweremadeforwalking Tue 10-Sep-13 16:19:22

I did anon, but looking over it I think I might not have done the superfree thing properly. Have only ever done red and green before and not sure I've really kept to 1/3 SF every meal. I guess that might have been enough in itself?

anon2013 Tue 10-Sep-13 16:34:46

portion size I've found is very important when doing EE. That's the problem I have with it so if possible I try to stick to red or green.

Fairygen Tue 10-Sep-13 19:38:38

Our consultant says you have to eat until you're satisfied, not stuffed. She also says , if you eat enough for ten men you're going to weigh the same as ten men!

I normally have a small meal and then add loads of veg and salad to satisfy my huge appetite.

ShiftyFades Tue 10-Sep-13 20:05:52

Didn't post on here last week, I had a 5lb gain but it was day one of AF and I have always gained 4-7lb on that day. Tbh I should t have wasted my money, I knew it would be bad sad

However, I've lost it all and an extra half pound so 5.5lb loss this week. I'm not whooping with joy because its really only a 0.5lb loss.

But I've now lost 4.5lb and I'm chuffed to bits with that. Especially as we've had a curry each week and a BK meal. I wonder what I could do if I didn't eat them? Maybe this is the week to try.

Hope everyone is well smile

Minimammoth Tue 10-Sep-13 21:25:55

Back from weigh in. Lost 3lbs. Am pleased. Having a celebratory GnT.
Cheers

ShiftyFades Tue 10-Sep-13 22:37:23

Congratulations Mini wine

Fairygen Wed 11-Sep-13 13:20:15

Congrats mini and fiftyshades.

I'm not holding out much hope for tomorrow night, and not really fussed this week. I think I needed a week off plan. I haven't gone mad, just haven't really been taking any notice of what I've been eating, and know I've eaten far too much bread.

Minimammoth Wed 11-Sep-13 17:44:42

I was tempted by a steak baguette today. I succumbed. I have yet to look up the syn value. I suspect the accompanying mushroom and onions were cooked in lard oil. Def not fry lite.

Thesebootsweremadeforwalking Wed 11-Sep-13 19:45:22

Just had a thought. I drink loads of water at the moment, always do when BFing. Pretty sure I drank two pints of water immediately before driving to weigh-in. Am wondering if that masked a small loss - my home scales are showing a 4lb loss. Anyone else had this issue? Guess I will see if that was it, when I weigh next week?

ShiftyFades Wed 11-Sep-13 21:00:39

I always have a wee when I get to group smile
I drink loads, all day everyday. So I can't mask a loss, I'm always full of water. But I try to not drink the 30mins before wink

Thesebootsweremadeforwalking Wed 11-Sep-13 21:10:46

I'm soooo going for a wee before next week's weigh.... I feel thinner, my scales show a loss, fingers crossed SW ones do too next week!

holidaysarenice Thu 12-Sep-13 03:36:42

With 4 meals out, no exercise and about 4 desserts, does anyone fancy guessing my gain tomorrow?

Thesebootsweremadeforwalking Thu 12-Sep-13 11:29:54

I just tried stevia. <boak>

Blueskiesandcherrypies Thu 12-Sep-13 11:42:08

What's Stevia?!

PLEASE can someone answer my jacket potato thread so I can (maybe) stop worrying! Thank you!

Thesebootsweremadeforwalking Thu 12-Sep-13 11:57:36

I have smile

Stevia claims to be a calorie free sugar substitute. It tastes like superconcentrated bitter tea to me.

Thesebootsweremadeforwalking Thu 12-Sep-13 15:41:22

I made ratatouille. Tomatoes, onion, garlic, peppers, courgettes, aubergine and seasoned with salt/ pepper. It was really bland, what should I have seasoned it with, anyone know? Maybe basil??

TheDetective Thu 12-Sep-13 20:03:47

I put on 1lb on the scales at class this week. I'd weighed myself before I left, so I didn't think I should have gained - I should have STS.

Anyway, I realised I left my (small cotton bolero style!!) cardigan on. I took it off, and reweighed. Half of that lb came off grin.

Then I thought fuck it, and took my leggings off (was wearing an almost knee length dress - don't worry!!) and the other half a lb came off!

End result - I STS grin.

Pffffft!

AbbyLou Thu 12-Sep-13 20:45:40

I lost half a pound this week and was a bit disappointed to be honest, I had hoped for more. I followed it really closely, I felt better than last week actually, but hey ho, never mind. At least it was off.

SummerHoliDidi Thu 12-Sep-13 23:36:33

I don't think I'm going to have a good week this week. I hope I sts on Sat but it's star week and there may have definitely been a couple of chocolate incidents 100g bar of milka and a share bag of peanut m&ms. I think if I sts I will have had a narrow escape. I'll have to get back on track properly for next week when I don't have a hormonal excuse.

holidaysarenice Fri 13-Sep-13 03:46:47

I gained 5!

Tho tbh they were the five I lost when I wasn't well, and I had a jumper on, so probably gain 4, which would actually be a 1 pound loss....

Like my justification?

Fairygen Fri 13-Sep-13 10:48:05

I STS, so quite happy with that. Going all out this week for 3lbs, that will be my 10% and 1.5 stone award, 4lbs never going to happen would put me in a new stone bracket too.

I have the usual Friday morning determination, just wondering how long it will last this week!

holidays I come up with some unbelievable ways to make a gain look like a loss. One week I weighed at home on a Monday and was + 5lbs, by wi on thursday I was just +0.5lbs, so in my eyes I'd actually lost 4.5lbs!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone.

This thread is not accepting new messages.