SLIMMING WORLD #4

(1000 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Mon 01-Jul-13 21:55:47

welcome one and all - oldies (and yo yo'ers like me ) and any newbies

'looks at sunshine and then swimming cossie, then herself'

SummerHoliDidi Wed 31-Jul-13 19:04:44

I go to a morning group Fairy so wi is 8am. I can cope with not eating til then, and I take my breakfast with me to eat after I've been weighed. I can't cope with starvation mode, and being in the morning means I weigh slightly less than if I weighed in the evenings (although it's the same time every week so my losses are the same as they would be at a later wi)

I've walked a lot this week and I think I'll take dd2 swimming tomorrow. I love school hols for getting more exercise.

onceipopicantstop Wed 31-Jul-13 20:28:31

WI tonight and 1lb on which is not bad considering the week I've had. Pregnancy symptoms majorly interfering. Feeling constantly sick interspersed with brief spells of feeling ravenous. Normal food I'd eat on sw not appealing at all, have been craving cornflakes and bread confused!! Plus am knackered so no motivation to cook!

But found tonights class really motivational. So think I need to do some batch cooking and keep stuff in the fridge that I can just pick at as needed. Then maybe I can get below the next stone next week.....fingers crossed!

1stMrsFrugal Wed 31-Jul-13 21:28:25

Day 3 and its going OK. Had a crappy day at work and really wanted a wine but I had a brew instead and now feeling virtuous.

B - poached egg in a wholemeal roll (hxb) with ketchup (.5) latte (hxa)
L - leftover risotto from last night (5 for pancetta/parmesan), peach
D - ham and egg salad, new pots (4 for dressing)
Tomato juice 1, cream cracker and laughing cow light 3, grapes

Yesterday
B - strawberries and banana with ff fromage frais, latte (hxa)
L - chicken mayo (3) pitta (hxb) and salad
D - risotto (5)
Tomato juice 1
Interesting yesterday I didn't feel hungry between meals, but today I did.

Huffpot Wed 31-Jul-13 21:31:42

Half a pound on for me tonight so still 1 stone 1 lb off - could have been worse so quite happy as I will get that off next week!

onceipop I was the same with pregnancy - couldnt stomach anything good for me! Fingers crossed it'll ease

salacious welcome back grin

YoureAllABunchOfBastards Wed 31-Jul-13 21:42:58

1.5lbs off tonight - which considering my raging PMT and the feeling that my boobs are twice their normal size, I will happily take.

TheDetective Wed 31-Jul-13 21:58:24

Exactly the same here fairy are you me, in disguise?! confused

WI day I eat a small snack type breakfast, and something very small (like a hi fi bar, or a banana, or a muller light) at 12pm. Then I walk and keep myself busy all afternoon til WI, which is usually 5.30, but this week and last is 7.30 as the other half is working til 7. So that was harder...! But my tea is made ready for as soon as I get back. And as soon as I've been weighed I have something to eat!

FrancescaFuddlebottom Thu 01-Aug-13 08:02:29

Hi all ('tis I IsaacCox wink) Just a quick check in until I can catch up later on today. I've finally lost the elusive stone! After losing and gaining the same lb for weeks, I'm so happy! smile Now to lose lots more as it's 5 months today until we go on holiday.

Have a great day all smile

SummerHoliDidi Thu 01-Aug-13 09:28:36

Well done FF, I bet it feels good to have that stone off. How long has it taken?

I want the stone either this week or next. Realistically it might be the week after next as last week I'd only got as far as 6.5lbs and I had a weekend away since then. I'm aiming for an average of 2lbs per week over the holidays so that hopefully when I go back to school in September I'll be in smaller clothes.

higgle Thu 01-Aug-13 11:10:30

3.5 lb off yesterday! It was after a week when I'd put on 1.5 lb , so I'm 2lb down in real terms. That was quite a lesson for me really as last week I had the combination of two lunches out with old friends, two working lunches with only sandwiches and chips and 3 days at my mother's (she is in hospital, so I was home alone) and her house is stuffed full of chocolate, cake, crisps and she has a freezer full of ice cream and other fattening stuff. Now I'm 2 stone 5 down and have 1 stone 7 to go to target.

B. Quorn sausages x 2 , tomato, spoonful of beans
L. Ryvita and SW hummus, celery, peppers and an apple
D. Quorn fillets with pesto, boiled pots, mixed veg and melon+ strawberries.

BethAndHerBrood Thu 01-Aug-13 12:43:35

I've lost 4.5lb this week, so am very pleased. I can definately feel the change in my body now.

I have a challenging week in front of me though. Cheeseburgers and fries for tea tomorrow, chinese buffet sat lunchtime, meal out with parents on sunday and possibly monday too. All very lovely, but still........

1stMrsFrugal Thu 01-Aug-13 17:23:29

B - ff fromage frais, banana, latte (hxa)
L - tuna, mixed beans and pasta salad (olive oil hxb)
Planning
D - prawn and veg egg fried rice or maybe sweet and sour pork with the rice (2.5 for sauce)
Tomato juice 1
Might treat myself to a wine with these spare syns...

onceipopicantstop Thu 01-Aug-13 20:45:18

Much better day today! Managed to eat sensibly and nausea has not been as persistent.
B: porridge with water (heb), frozen mixed fruits, honey (1syn)
L: mint, aubergine and courgette couscous - from the little book of lunches - very yummy, only 1 syn and plenty left for tomorrow
T: bolognese and pasta, grated cheese (hea)
Snacks: satsuma, grapes, cherries

muminthecity Thu 01-Aug-13 23:28:50

I've been crap today, spent the day at the fair, had chips and an ice lolly, then went to Zizzis for dinner and didn't make the sensible choices that I should have blush! I did walk home though (2.5 miles.)

I think if I'm good for the rest of the week I might still see a loss next Tuesday, I seem to be able to get away with being bad on a Wednesday!

Fairygen Fri 02-Aug-13 07:20:37

Well done to all the losers.

I STS this week, or 'maintained' as they're now calling it!!! Not a surprise at all. I've basically lived on huge bowls of pasta. Going to do a red week this week, in the unrealistic hope of losing 5 lbs to get my stone (will be happy with 3 though).

Has anyone tried the porridge and yogurt thing you do in the fridge over night? ( mix hexb of porridge oats with any ff yog, cover and leave in fridge overnight). Apparently it plumps up loads and is really filling.

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 02-Aug-13 12:55:43

lots of loss's this week, well done

i sts but happy with that as drunk copious amounts at my party last week

AbbyLou Fri 02-Aug-13 19:01:10

Hi hope no-one minds me gate-crashing, just hoping for a bit of advice. I am thinking of starting sw after my holiday in a week or so. I have done ww quite a few times with varied success but have never really got on with it since they changed the plan to propoints. I need to lose about 2 1/2 - 3 stone and need the 'kick up the bum' that a slimming club gives you. I am considering sw because I fancy a change and something completely new. My only concern after reading the threads on here is that it sounds quite complicated - lots of different acronyms and foods eaten with different things being different value. Is it really complicated or is it just because I haven't had it explained to me?

SummerHoliDidi Fri 02-Aug-13 19:46:29

It really isn't that complicated Abby. You get loads of free foods including all fresh and frozen fruit and veg, lean meat, pasta, potatoes,etc. Then to add to your "free" foods you can have some healthy extras that you weigh but should be included every day and some syns which you have to look up the values for. It should all be explained to you at your new members talk and it's really easy if you follow the plan. Most people get a good loss the first week, and it comes off fairly easily as long as you stick to plan (that's my problem, I cheat sometimes and then wonder why I haven't lost anything)

SummerHoliDidi Fri 02-Aug-13 19:49:52

I've had a busy day today and been out canoeing with both dds before doing quite a bit of walking, so there's some body magic there. I've been good with my eating too. I resisted ice cream when the girls had some and we took a picnic rather than buying chips while we were out. I'm hoping for a good loss tomorrow morning.

Fairygen Fri 02-Aug-13 20:22:42

I used to love WW, Abby, until they changed it, and then I was always starving! Not any more!

SW, is really easy. All free foods are unlimited so no weighing. You quickly get to know how much of the healthy extras you can have. I keep all my syns for unhealthy food, or you can use them in your meals eg, for extra cheese, olive oil, bread etc.

The only down side ( compared to ww) is that you have to make most things from scratch. Although, I've collected lots of recipes that I can make in about 30 mins, and you can adapt most meals to fit in with the plan.

AbbyLou Fri 02-Aug-13 20:24:08

Thanks Summer, I really want to give it a go. I have got to the stage where I am almost the heaviest I have ever been and I need to do something quick!

AbbyLou Fri 02-Aug-13 20:26:05

Thanks to you too Fairy. I do tend to cook most things from fresh anyway but I need to control my portions and it's the stuff in between I need to reign in. I am a terrible picker and can't resist nibbly things. I need to rediscover flavours.

Fairygen Fri 02-Aug-13 20:33:35

Evening all,

Thanks to a lady in group, I am 100% motivated this week. She posted on our fb group page ' make sure you all bring something nice for SOW basket, because I'm taking it home this week!!!!'
Well now I'm determined to stick to it, and hopefully a decent loss on Thursday.
We've got to choose someone who has inspired and motivated us to be our group's woman of the year, so perhaps that has something to do with her post........ Maybe I'm just cynical!

SummerHoliDidi Sat 03-Aug-13 08:37:51

4lbs off. grin That's 2 weeks though, but I'm still happy with that.

Huffpot Sat 03-Aug-13 14:18:19

Well done didi

Am being good this week so hoping for a loss.
Got my periods today so hopefully they will be finished by WI and not affect me with fluid retention

muminthecity Sat 03-Aug-13 18:25:28

Well done losers wink.

I have struggled again this week. Summer holidays are just making it so much harder. I am just trying to balance out my bad eating habits by doing lots of extra exercise.

Having said that, I've actually managed to be really good today. Woke up late so didn't bother with breakfast. Had a tuna salad, satsuma and a Muller Light for lunch, then went for a 2 hour swim with DD. After swimming, I treated DD to a Macdonalds but managed to resist the burgers and just had a grilled chicken salad with no dressing and a pineapple stick. Can't say I enjoyed it much but I felt proud of myself for not caving in and having a Big Mac grin!

I'm still a bit hungry so thinking of making some homemade burgers later, will have one in a bun (HEB) with cheese (HEA) and salad. Not quite as good as a Big Mac but nearly grin!

This thread is not accepting new messages.