SLIMMING WORLD #4

(1000 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Mon 01-Jul-13 21:55:47

welcome one and all - oldies (and yo yo'ers like me ) and any newbies

'looks at sunshine and then swimming cossie, then herself'

TheDetective Tue 23-Jul-13 11:27:45

Okay, so I think calorie counting is really working for me. hmm

The weight is falling off. confused

Possible I need more control than 'free' foods etc. The CC has meant I have eaten the same meals as usual, but stopped me snacking in between on free but still higher cal foods. And still shocked to find out how many cals in a banana and apple sad

I realised that the last only time I lost weight was on the 'misery diet'. I was miserable, and only eating what I needed to survive, rather than eating for pleasure. I ate whatever I wanted but still lost weight.

I guess doing SW for a healthy approach to eating, plus calorie counting might be the best way for me to stay in control?

Fairygen Tue 23-Jul-13 11:55:38

detective,this is why I don't do EE. I don't believe that someone like me, with a massive appetite, can eat as much of all the free foods as I want and lose weight! I also don't 'trust' fruit. I tend to fill up on veggies.

It'll be interesting to see how you get on.

laughalot Tue 23-Jul-13 13:07:59

Im back and half a stone heavier damn you all inclusive smile !!!!! How is everyone doing ? School holidays will be a challenge.

SummerHoliDidi Tue 23-Jul-13 13:10:04

Detective just make sure you eat enough. Very low calorie diets aren't known for being particularly healthy.

I think we all have our hearts set on losing loads of weight really quickly, but that isn't sustainable in the long term. It's much healthier to lose 1-2 lbs per week. 1lb a week is 52lbs a year, or 3st 10. That's quite a lot when you think about it, and you're bound to have some weeks when you lose more. I'm going to keep reminding myself of that when I'm getting disheartened. If I can average 1lb per week then this time next year I'll be 11st, and that's well within the healthy weight range for my height.

TheDetective Tue 23-Jul-13 13:24:27

I'm currently aiming for 1200 cals a day Summer. I am sat at home, off work, with a small baby. Once I am back at work it will be 1500 cals.

I'm definitely eating enough, as I'm not particularly hungry. I'm just about to have a lunch of 4 soft boiled eggs and 2 pieces of wholemeal bread which is about usual for me - and that is almost 400 cals.

Fairy yes, I've been going for salads and veg as a lower calorie option than fruit. I will aim to have 1-2 portions of fruit, but the rest veg/salad.

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 23-Jul-13 14:47:46

Laugh a lot. Bad holiday. Easily done as eating and drinking and most of it unhealthy

Sure you will get the weight off very quickly x

saturn Tue 23-Jul-13 16:56:57

Just marking a spot for later! smile

Fairygen Tue 23-Jul-13 19:55:32

Totally fooked up today! At one point I heated choc chip muffins then cut them in half and spread them with marshmallow fluff. Disgusting, but I was craving sweet stuff!!

I think the problem is that I've had nearly 2 days almost super free, over compensating for the weekend. Can't wait til Thursday wi so I can start afresh.

muminthecity Wed 24-Jul-13 13:09:36

I lost 2.5lbs at WI last night. Really happy, I hadn't really stuck to it properly, had a few bad days but I did lots of exercise (went to the gym every day) so probably made up for it.

This week is going to be really hard. First week of the summer holidays and I have about 10 boxes of chocolates in my cupboard, given to me as end of term presents by the children. I am already trying and failing to resist getting stuck into them!

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 24-Jul-13 13:35:36

morning, well afternoon

b fruit
l chicken salad
t chicken sandwich (b) plus 6syns for bread and mayo lite 1

s yog, banana, cherries

SummerHoliDidi Wed 24-Jul-13 16:20:00

muminthecity I'm really jealous of all you chocolates from the children. I never get anything sad, probably because I'm secondary rather than primary. I did get one present this year because one of my form that I've done a lot for/with has left to go to another school. It was smellies rather than chocolate though, so I'm at liberty to enjoy it except I'm allergic to it. I'm finding it easier to stick to sw properly now I'm on holiday, the last week of term was awful for treats to indulge in resist.

iklboo Wed 24-Jul-13 21:56:27

I'm going to have to live off air until next weigh in. It was my birthday yesterday so we went to Pizza Hut for tea on Monday straight after weigh in (2lb loss) where we had starter, main & pudding, then came home for some cider and a couple of vodkas.

Yesterday I had tiger bread with real butter & cheese for breakfast, a lemon tart for lunch, birthday cake, a three course meal for tea, more tiger bread & cheese with kettle chips for supper, some haribo, few glasses of fizz and a couple of vodkas.

I feel TERRIBLE! Bloated, lethargic, bowel ishoos etc. Bloody lovely at the time though smile.

muminthecity Thu 25-Jul-13 00:08:22

SummerHoliDidi - I work in a reception class, our parents seem to be much more generous than any other class. I couldn't believe how much I was given yesterday: chocolates, flowers, mugs, pens, books, toiletries etc. I worked in year 3 last year and didn't get anything!

iklboo - I feel your pain. I have eaten a disgusting amount today - 2 packets of crisps, a whole big bar of dairy milk, a whole small box of chocolates and chips from the chip shop. I am going to have to try to remain syn-free for the rest of the week to undo that amount of damage I think. Feel awful now, but like you, I enjoyed it at the time!

Fairygen Thu 25-Jul-13 06:25:14

Congratulations to all the losers this week.

iklboo, belated happy birthday. I have had a terrible week of gorging ( so much so, that I haven't dared look up the syn values). I sympathise with your ' bowel ishoos'. Without tmi, my stomach is still not 100% since the weekend. I'm hoping the rapid movement of food through my system might minimise my gain, I doubt it though!
At least you have some time to make up for it before next wi.

Wi tonight, so a day of near starvation. I hate Thursdays! Decided to stop messing about and stick to it 100% this week. I've realised I only stick to plan 1 day a week ( fri) then pig out over the weekend, which means I'm playing catch up all week.

Good luck to all those weighing today

Huffpot Thu 25-Jul-13 08:30:31

3lb off for me last night and got my stone award

Hopefully can stick to it again this week - have my baby's due date on Saturday so not sure if that will affect me as am terrible emotional eater so we'll see! Will minimise bad food in the house to give me less to guzzle

SummerHoliDidi Thu 25-Jul-13 10:04:15

Happy late birthday iklboo. Just stick to free foods for the rest of the week, and you should be able to undo some of the damage.

Huff well done on your stone award! I'm hoping to get mine next week but I think it might be a bit much to expect after a weekend away. I'm sorry it's your baby's due date coming up. I found that the lead up to the due date was worse than the actual day, I made sure I was busy, went out on a long walk with some friends and our kids and found a geocache where I set off a travelbug in memory of the baby. Could you arrange something nice to remember the baby but keep you busy so you don't have the chance to wallow?

BethAndHerBrood Thu 25-Jul-13 15:10:14

Hi all. I have been AWOL blush

But i got weighed this morning and have only put 2.5lb on, so not too bad, considering.

I have been through my deep freeze, and made a 4 week meal plan, both for the dc's meals and mine and dh's. I am hoping that will help.

I have noticed a small change, my clothes seem to fit a bit better. In fact, i put some cropped trousers on the other day from last summer, and they felt massive! grin

Will go back and catch up on the thread now.

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 25-Jul-13 15:18:23

happy birthday ikiboo and isnt is fab to guzzle guilt free on birthdays

huff well done on loss and ((hugs)) for due date thats coming x

beth - thats not bad

b cereal (b) skim (a) sugar 2 banana
l chilli and rice and veg
t

dithering on tea, maybe soup, maybe jacket

hope for maybe a lb loss tomorrow - 2lbs if im really lucky and considering its my start again week

muminthecity Thu 25-Jul-13 19:38:53

Good luck for tomorrow Blondes.

My week is going from bad to worse sad. Spent the day at the beach today, had a great time but ate like a pig again! I had a sausage baguette with chips for lunch, a feast ice cream, packet of crisps and a handful of chocolate biscuits blush. Will definitely, definitely try harder tomorrow!

Woohoo, 3lb off this week grin. Very pleased but gutted to miss out on slimmer of the week by 1/2 lb. Only need to lose another 3lb for my 1 stone award.

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 25-Jul-13 21:18:59

Mum - see I told you school holidays are bad for diets

Mrsbels - well done

Had beans on toast for tea - so 6syns for the bread

Huffpot Thu 25-Jul-13 23:19:30

Am going to get some stones to finish off her little grave and we are going to go balloon shopping and send it off with some big brother drawings smile

Just got home from a day at Legoland and am knackered! Walked all day but by the time we left it was 7pm so grabbed a Mcdonalds for dinner and I didn't have a salad blush

Bed time now!!!

Fairygen Fri 26-Jul-13 07:33:48

Wow, some great losses, well done everyone.

After my horrendous week, by some miracle, I managed to lose 1.5 lbs!! So a total of 9 lbs in a month. I had hoped for a stone in my first month but just happy I didn't put on.

I've decided to stop messing around and stick to it 100%. Also, now it's cooler, I MUST exercise.

I was wondering....

I've been told that if you have a high protein breakfast, you burn fat quicker and lose more weight. Does anyone find this? My problem is, I think I've had egg for breakfast almost every day for a month! And now the thought of egg, omelette etc is making me feel physically sick.

SummerHoliDidi Fri 26-Jul-13 08:14:59

Well done Fairygen

Huffpot Fri 26-Jul-13 09:03:12

I find I do really well when I have a big breakfast. I have potato wedges, beans and mushrooms, onions, peppers and chicken all fried up together ( I use frozen peppers, onions, frozen pre cooked chicken). Fills me up easily till lunch

This thread is not accepting new messages.