Favourite Recipes

(10 Posts)
higgle Mon 10-Jun-13 12:33:21

As DH is celiac the SW quiche ( for me that is 3 eggs, 300g cottage cheese and some veg - asparagus and peas this weekend) is very quick and useful, sometimes I put a small amount of grated cheese on top as HE but nice without it anyway.

beanandspud Sun 09-Jun-13 20:20:55

My favourite SW recipe is seafood paella - it doesn't taste at all like a diet meal grin

BlueGoddess Sat 08-Jun-13 09:04:43

That sounds great - I'll have to give that a go too! grin

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 08-Jun-13 07:37:52

Diet coke chicken for me - tho I prefer Pepsi max

Brown slices chicken and onions in fry light for a few mins

Add can of Pepsi max - 6 tbsp passarta - stock cube crumbled - dash of Worcester sauce

I also then add peppers courgette carrot sweet corn

Simmer for 20/30 mins till sauce reduced and goes sticky

Serve with boiled rice - noodles - pasta - mash pot and veg

Yummy smile

BlueGoddess Thu 06-Jun-13 16:45:30

That sounds lovely Mrs Frugal - quick too!

1stMrsFrugal Wed 05-Jun-13 20:51:56

My own recipe, but well suited to SW and something I often cook:
Egg Fried Rice
Fry half an onion and a small clove of garlic finely chopped (using frylight or olive oil) in a non stick wok until softened. Add other veg chopped or thinly sliced e.g. Carrot, courgette, peppers, mushrooms and stirfry until almost cooked. Add some chopped cooked ham or chicken or leftover roast pork and/or frozen prawns and a tablespoon each of frozen peas and sweetcorn and stir fry until hot/defrosted/cooked. Add a portion of (previously) cooked rice (about 60g uncooked weight) and stir fry for a minute or two and then stir in a beaten egg (add some soy sauce and some mirin to the egg if you have it) and stir quickly until egg is cooked. Generously season with soy sauce and give a final stir. Aim for your 1/3 to 2/3 ratio of veggies to other stuff. FREE if you use frylight or count Syns for the olive oil (I only do the orange easy plan so not sure about red or green values). Double quantities as required to feed the rest of the family. Really yummy with some hoi sin or sweet chilli sauce if you can spare the Syns.

Pusspuss1 Tue 04-Jun-13 05:08:40

Recipe in their one pot book!

BlueGoddess Mon 03-Jun-13 10:33:07

Sounds nice - how do you make it please?

Pusspuss1 Mon 03-Jun-13 07:56:24

The SW chips are amazing. I also love their creamy coriander and minted chicken!

BlueGoddess Mon 03-Jun-13 07:49:24

Would anyone like to share their favourite meals?

Mine has got to be pizza chicken, SW wedges and veg.

For the pizza chicken - butterfly a chicken and stick it on foil on a baking tray with the edged turned up. Bung on some passata, mushrooms and pepper, grated cheese and wack it in the oven on gas 7 for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.

My SW wedges I just wash and chop a potato into wedges, chuck it in the microwave to start it off, bung it on my mesh tray thing, spray with fry light and pop them in the oven at the same time as the chicken.grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now