Slimming world #3

(991 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Sun 19-May-13 21:48:12

Welcome one and all for our 3rd thread since jan 2013

Blondes is being very bad on holiday smile but once back in uk I shall be back on sw

'Plumps cushions' and hands out healthy sw snacks and wine

melliebobs Thu 20-Jun-13 20:21:29

Well done onceipopicantstop grin

catmadcaz Thu 20-Jun-13 21:06:21

Well done all you losers... Just wanted to add I have Finn crispbreads for my healthy extra b you can have 6, and I love em.

Well done onceipop!

I'm off tomorrow for a weekend at my best friends and it is going to to be vino heavy! I am going to try and be good but think that the days after are going to have to be super dooper good!

I may try this success express thing... So 1/2 plate super free and rest of the 'rules' the same?

Littlemousewithcloggson Thu 20-Jun-13 22:51:06

Just checked my book re sucess express yoni. It's 2/3 plate super free food and 1/3 free. Still have healthy extras and 5-15 syns BUT you have to count all synned food at the highest syn value - for example if something is 1 syn on original but 4 syns on red, you have to count it at 4.

Littlemousewithcloggson Thu 20-Jun-13 22:52:03

I meant original and green btw!

Jesus! Ummm maybe not then blush

Might give it a go but fudge the syns... Like a halfway house

Btw thanks for looking it up for me littlemouse thanks

melliebobs Fri 21-Jun-13 07:13:40

blush at success express

YoureAllABunchOfBastards Fri 21-Jun-13 08:05:33

Soooo, breakfast on train. How many Syns for omelette, mushrooms, tomatoes, one slice of grilled halloumi and a very small portion of fried potatoes, do you reckon?

I have already eaten it, and it was yummy, so it is pretty much academic!

melliebobs Fri 21-Jun-13 11:59:09

I work in an office with dieticians. 2 of them are leaving. There is an abundance of cake, brownies and biscuits.

looks at grilled chicken and cous cous salad

Daisy1407 Fri 21-Jun-13 15:58:15

Im on a Hen 2mo and im dreading it as its afternoon tea and cakes followed by a pi55 up!
ive been good and the scales havent shifted much yet - and im gonna eat and undo all my hardwork Grrrrrr

social events! grrrrr

YoureAllABunchOfBastards Fri 21-Jun-13 18:20:09

Bollocks. I seem to have eaten tea on the train too. And had wine.

laughalot Fri 21-Jun-13 19:32:38

How is everyone getting on this week ? I stayed the same but im not surprised buffet last weekend at a party, beer, cheesecake on fathers day ect. 2 weeks until my holidays wait for the massive gain !!!!!!

IsaacCox Fri 21-Jun-13 19:34:27

Well done onceipop

B- scrambled egg and bacon on toast HEB
bowl of strawberries
L- bacon salad
D- homemade free scotch egg, salad and chips
small milky bar 3.5, 10 mikados 5, mayo 1

Have a great weekend all!

muminthecity Fri 21-Jun-13 19:39:41

I was awful yesterday, wasn't too bad up until about 9pm but then I stuffed my face with 3 blush slices of toast with flora and jam.

Been much better today:

B - Banana and satsuma
L - Leftover veg curry with rice and salad, muller light, satsuma
D - Steak with new potatoes and Greek salad (feta as HExA)

Planning to have 2 rocky road bars later as my HExB and another muller light. Have only had 4 syns, 3 on low fat mayo and 1 for ketchup.

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 21-Jun-13 19:42:29

well done once i pop

helsbels and laughlaot - im the same sts - bah humbug sad

TheDetective Fri 21-Jun-13 20:47:50

Thanks for the oven advice - sadly it will just have to be repaired. It's about £70. Cheaper than a new oven, but still not cheap!

Regarding the grills - would you believe it (!) but when my grill packed in a few weeks ago, we got it out and used it once, and it frigging well broke too! I have that kind of luck...!!!!

We're just trying to come up with stuff to make without oven! Tonight is vege chili!

I lost 1lb this week. I had lost 2lb, but I seem to have put 1lb on in the last 2 days. I can only put it down to the fact that if I eat a lot of one particular syn, I seem to gain. I had 2 soleros wednesday night, and while only 10 syns between them, I knew I was pushing it. So going to stick to one of each thing and not gorge on them!

Today:
B: Grilled tomatoes (x3), grilled mushrooms, 2 bacon, 2 fried eggs, 2 400g WM bread (HEB). Half my plate was super free smile
L: 2 chicken breasts (was in town) from fridges in M&S, handful of grapes. Was a bit random, but it's hard when you are out!!
D: (Still cooking!) Vege chili, packed with superfree. Having it with pasta.

Syns: I did buy a lemon pot thingy in M&S which was 7 syns, but I had one taste and didn't like it, so I'll count it as 1. I will have a highlights sachet, with milk as HEA, so 2 syns. I'm not sure what else, as dinner is very late due to busy day.

That means I've had 10.5 syns in 2 days. I've got loads left to play with. smile

onceipopicantstop Fri 21-Jun-13 20:52:45

Sounds like several of us have upcoming social events to contend with! I'm off to West Wales on holiday next week. We're self catering so, although I intend to enjoy myself, I'm going to TRY not to go mad!! Am suspecting this plan may not last! Still at least will have another week before weigh in to try and undo any badness! grin

Curlywurlysareyum Sat 22-Jun-13 10:48:40

yoni sorry haven't been on here since I posted on Tuesday to reply to u - I haven't tried success express after all. I am just too hungry to eat 2/3rds super free and the whole syn thing has confused me!! Just be trying to eat sensibly.

Was out last night and chose sensibly although had wine. Out tonight and I know it will be a big one as kiddies getting looked after all night!!

isaac I eat scan bran and syn (1 in each) as I find they keep me regular!! I have 2 with a cheese triangle most lunch times with soup or pasta and feel they really fill me up. But they r pretty gross!!

Curlywurlysareyum Sat 22-Jun-13 10:50:56

laughalot well done on sts as u had a busy week. I was pleased I only had half on and not more!! We have done so well thus year we need to enjoy it too!!

HolidayArmadillo Sat 22-Jun-13 17:35:10

Going to give ham and chicken pie a bash tonight with some potatoey type thingies. Only had an Alpen Light so far today as finished nights this morning and went to bed without breakfast.

roundabout1 Sat 22-Jun-13 19:18:38

Hi everyone - can I join? I have done SW before but have been failing miserably these last couple of years and am the heaviest I have ever been blush I really need to get back on track, hoping I remember everything form before as I can't afford to join at the mo. We now do our shop at Sainsburys, are they any nice things from there that are SW friendly that I may not be aware of?
Thanks in advance

IsaacCox Sat 22-Jun-13 21:35:22

Welcome roundabout. Sorry, I don't shop at Sainsburys so not sure, hopefully someone that does will be along soon smile

I've just come back from a date night with dh. We went bowling then played pool twice, air hockey and then on the penny machines. It's surprising how much of a sweat you can get on! Counting it towards my body magic wink

Then we went to McDonald's where I resisted temptation and had a grilled chicken salad and diet coke whilst dh had 2 cheese burgers, fries and a milkshake! envy

B- bacon and egg sandwich HEB ketchup 1
Fruit
L- jacket pot, cheese HEA, salad
D- grilled chicken salad
Mini milk 1.5, 10 mikados 5

Hope you're all having a good weekend smile

parabelle Sat 22-Jun-13 21:43:11

Having a major fail day, toast and fried egg for breakfast, Mcdonald's for lunch and pork, potatoes, carrots, peas and gravy for dinner. Plus pudding of a meringue, strawberries and cream.
It's a disaster.

IsaacCox Sat 22-Jun-13 22:01:30

Don't worry parabelle, we all have days like that. Draw a line under it and start again tomorrow smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now